Hydration issues

tcn78
on 10/20/17 6:55 pm, edited 10/21/17 8:58 am
VSG on 08/21/17

as of tomorrow I will be two months out. I am have difficulty with my fluid intake. I notice if I have a good day and meet the mark, the next day it?s next to impossible and have no desire to eat. I set timers & reminders. Has anyone else experienced this?

Valerie G.
on 10/21/17 7:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Fluids are a full-time job to keep up with, but that 64oz is an absolute necessity. Fight tooth and nail to get it down and everything wet counts. Dehydration comes easy and fast, and you suddenly find yourself feeling run down and nauseated.

I didn't find my desire to eat for about 9 months, so yeah, that's pretty normal. I set reminders for myself to eat, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

tcn78
on 10/21/17 8:56 am, edited 10/21/17 1:56 am
VSG on 08/21/17

I try my hardest, especially when at the gym because I sweat so much out. I drink water, Powerade zero, Mio w/electrolytes, I break up a premier protein shake throughout the day to help meet my protein mark. I find myself eating more SF popsicles at the end of the day because I feel so full from the liquid and they just melt in my mouth. It's different from when I had that wretched lap band. Thank you, for getting back to me and sharing your experience. I appreciate it, always good to know it?s not just you. ?

Lap band 2/5/10

Lap band removal 1/22/15

VSG 8/21/17

and the journey continues....

Valerie G.
on 10/21/17 12:24 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I found ice was very soothing and aided my compulsive behaviors when focusing on something. I like to crunch things when I'm concentrating, and ice chips and nuts have replaced my beloved goldfish crackers. I also found strange flavors appealed to me, like green kool-aid and Hawaiian punch. I hadn't had those since I was a kid. I replaced sugar with splenda and I was able to pack in the fluids. It does get easier. I can down my first 64oz before lunchtime today.

For protein, learn where you get the best bang and eat strategically, especially since you're not particularly craving anything right now. My favorite easy to eat food was ricotta cheese. I could make it savory with some sauce and melted cheese for a lasagna effect, or sweet with instant pudding and some cream for a dessert, and it packs 7g for just a quarter cup.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

diane S.
on 10/21/17 10:16 am

Its pretty normal to have trouble getting all fluid in as instructed but its absolutely critical you keep working at it. Sip all day long. You can end up in the ER needing iv fluids so keep trying. Yeah, I didn't want to eat for ages but forced myself to get protein and liquid in. It will pay off. GL Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

NYMom222
on 10/21/17 5:22 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I struggled The whole first year. I started putting a bottle of water on my nightstand, so I would start drinking in the morning as soon as I open my eyes, and I was taking my shower and getting ready. I pretty much set goals between each meal. 8-16 ounces before breakfast 16 ounces between breakfast and lunch, etc.

I did count everything towards my fluids, including my protein drinks. Once I hit it one year out, it was like magically all of a sudden I have no problem with drinking.

Stick with it.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

tcn78
on 10/21/17 10:11 pm
VSG on 08/21/17

Thank you ladies!! I haven't tried ricotta yet, that w/a dash of sauce sounds great. I agree ice is a saving grace. I'm definitely not trying end up dehydrated that's for sure. I just got to work a little harder with higher protein meal planing and getting better water intake.

Lap band 2/5/10

Lap band removal 1/22/15

VSG 8/21/17

and the journey continues....

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/22/17 10:47 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

The first couple of months can be hard. It was a full time job to get in all my protein, water & vitamins in on the same day. You gotta keep working at it & eventually it won't be so hard & you'll get into a routine that'll work for you.

I noticed on a later post that you sweat a lot while working out. As hard as it is, you'll probably need to up your water intake on those days. Maybe you can break up your workout routine & use weights while cutting back on the cardio. Maybe you won't sweat as much? I figure once you can get in all your water with no problems that you can go back to your old routine.

Don't worry, it's not just you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics