Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 10/10/17

Erin T.
on 10/10/17 3:18 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! I had a moment of 'WTF' this morning when I stepped on the scale and it showed I'd lost 3lbs since yesterday. Then I got back on and it was lower, and back on and it was lower. It was like a magic scale (or at least when you're not in maintenance). I picked the scale up to move it and there was a hair tie under it. So, FYI if your Aria scale seems too good (or bad?) to be true - check under it.

I ran for 6 straight minutes yesterday! That might not sound like a huge accomplishment, but it is for me! I started my last interval and it happened to correspond with one of my favorite songs starting. I opted just to 'run for the duration of the song'. I later realized that the song is a hair over 6 minutes! Whoops!

QOTD: Do you decorate for fall? I'm horrible and don't care about any of that stuff. Currently, we have two pumpkins on the front porch that our kids brought home from a Halloween party. That's as much fall decorating as we'll do. Oh, and Jon has a giant fake spider he likes to put outside. We decorate (inside) for Christmas and that's it.

8 months post-op/Maintenance/133.7lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding, PB & Sunflower Seeds

M3: Taco Soup w/ Cheese and Fage

M4: Chicken Sausage w/ Veggies

S: Yogurt w/ Pecans, Pecans, Protein Bar, String Cheese

E: Kettlebell day. I'm going to wear my chest strap HRM, so I'm interested to see what my calorie burn is like.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/10/17 3:31 am, edited 10/9/17 8:32 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I wish I could run - the last time I was thin (12+ years ago), I loved running (would run 6-8 miles daily). I could probably do it now (though fewer miles) but at my age (62) I'm afraid of what I would do to my knees. I stopped running back then because I blew a knee out, then gained about 100 pounds. The knee healed, but there was no running at that weight!

QOTD: 4 pumpkins and 3 mums on the front stairs and porch. I usually put some decorations on the table but haven't gotten around to it this year.

1.5 years post-op (maintenance). 22 work days to retirement (11/13).

B: eggbeaters, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Shrimp, veggies

S: baked apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 10/10/17 4:35 am - Woburn, MA

I HATE to run - I tried it when I was young, and I tried it not that long ago - HATE, HATE, HATE running. I could walk from Boston to California, but don't ask me to run, lol.
QOTD: right now I have a big pumpkin and 1 potted plant on my front porch. I usually line the stairs with mums, but this year couldn't bear the thoughts of having to water them (how lazy is that?)

B: cheerios

L: probably salad bar at work

D: leftover pepper steak (chinese style, but home made)

S: we have pie from a local farmstand.... I will have some of my husband's dessert while watching tv (a bad habit, I know)

E: hopefully a walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

NoraM13
on 10/10/17 5:19 am
VSG on 08/21/17

Good morning!

QOTD - my mother-in-law decorates for every holiday to the extreme - themed curtains, doilies, and tchotchkes everywhere. It's so overwhelming. I like to keep it simple. If I decorate this time of year, it's for fall and not for Halloween. I have a wooden bowl filled with gourds that I keep on the sideboard in the dining room. I have annuals in pots around the front door, and I usually change them out for mums, but the weather has been so weird this year that the annuals still look great and I can't bear to take them out.

B - 2% Fairlife latte, cottage cheese

L - leftover pork loin

S - protein shake

D - shrimp

E - walk in the park

water and vitamins on track

5'2" VSG: 8/21/17 HW: 261 SW:243 CW: 193

Pre-Op: 15 M1: 19.8 M2: 10.5 M3: 13.7

Gwen M.
on 10/10/17 6:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've got flank steak in the sous vide, which is super exciting. Eight hours at 131F! Hopefully it'll turn out as hoped for.

Today I've got my pre-op with my PCP for my upcoming final round of reconstructive surgeries. I also need to stop by the grocery store, again, because the one I went to yesterday didn't have kosher salt. I try to only shop once a week because it cuts down on temptation :P Aside from that brief outing, I'll be plugging along at school work. I made surprisingly good progress on my power point slides yesterday - I don't know why I psych myself out so much about them, they're not so bad once you get started and remember to use a template. I also finished up my reading for one of my two classes. So today I'll work on finishing up the slides and then get my discussion post for the week up as well. Then I'll go from there if I still have time!

I finished up my taste testing of low-cal "ice cream" options. I tried Halotop, Breyers, and Enlightened. All were good, but it was too easy to eat the entire thing and I feel like the sugar substitutes triggered my fructose malabsorption which means stomach acid. I'll stick to the real thing in the future which I a) eat in much smaller quantities and b) keeps my stomach happy.

QOTD: I do not decorating for anything aside from hanging a wreath on the door in December. The only reason I do that is because my parents send me one every year. If they didn't, I wouldn't do anything :P Last year we did have fun decorating our AirBNB a little bit too!

1: protein shake
2: leftover sous vide salmon maybe? I had this for dinner last night and it was delicious. I think the last portion will still be there because Lance tends to avoid taking fish to work for lunch.
3: 8-hour flank steak, roasted acorn squash for the guys, BBQ sauce (I'll snag a bite of squash)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: unlikely

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 10/10/17 8:08 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I live in an apartment so I don't decorate.

B leftover meat lovers omelette and hash browns and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D rotisserie chicken and coleslaw

Have a good day

NateH
on 10/10/17 8:35 am
VSG on 09/26/14

B: Vanilla NuZest clean lean protein with 10 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk

S: 1 piece of bacon

L: 4 oz. 90% grass fed beef with a touch of gruyere cheese

D: 4 oz. chicken thigh

*Basically the exact same as yesterday, but I don't mind repeating. ;)

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

CC C.
on 10/10/17 8:59 am

Off to see my endocrinologist today and then maybe a walk at the beach if the air quality is okay after a big brush fire started close by yesterday.

QOTD: I don't decorate for fall because it's just as hot as summer here if not hotter and it just feels silly.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - leftover real good pizza

D - leftover grilled chicken

S - something proteiny

Kristi T.
on 10/10/17 10:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning, hope everyone's Tuesday is going well.

I had my yearly wellness check yesterday. She went over my lab work with me and all my levels are fine, some a little better than fine. So this s good:-) Tonight is my weekly Maj Jong game and out to dinner before we play.

QOTD-In years past I have always decorated for this time of year. I think this year I will concentrate on decorating my Uncle's area outside his door at the assisted living facility he moved into. I will put out pumpkins(whicker and ceramic type), a colorful dried flower arrangement and of course a wreath on his door. I do go all out decorating my house for Christmas though.

B-A bit of nausea this morning, so jus****er and coffee

L-Carmel Premiere protein shake

D-I will order something protein forward tonight.

E-Take the dog for a long walk

Knitter215
on 10/10/17 11:52 am
VSG on 08/23/16

If I'm running, there's really bad **** happening behind me. Get out of my way! (I hate to run -but I love to Fence).

B - two eggs scrambled wit 2 pieces of bacon

L - Sourdough grilled cheddar - 2 ounces sharp cheddar, one small slice sourdough bread

D - Rib Eye Steak. Zucchini noodles. Maybe Salad

Snack - AM 70 calorie bel gioso Fontina cheese snacker

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

Most Active
Recent Topics