Shannon S.
on 10/10/17 3:06 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Right? I think it's pretty strict too! I just looked it up again. It says:

60 grams of protein goal/day

no milk or milk products.

May mix protein with H2O or sugar free clear drinks such as crystal light

can have sugar free popsicles/jello and broth

protein shakes should be 15 g per serving with 5carbs or less.

I'm in for a rough ride!

Thanks for your response!

Shannon S.
on 10/10/17 3:17 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I posted below the diet. The one loop hole is pre-made protein shake, but would think these would contain milk based products. This is what I will clarify. Thanks for your help!

theAntiChick
on 10/10/17 8:57 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Oh, and as for clear protein? Syntrax is good and they have a variety pack you can order to try out all the flavors. (Roadside lemonade was my favorite, and it freezes in popscicle tubes REALLY well.) Isopure has been around forever. There's also the new ones from Premier and Atkins as well as Protein2O. I think I've seen/tried a couple more.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Shannon S.
on 10/10/17 3:18 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Syntax appears to come highly recommended. Will definitely order. Thanks again!

Dcgirl
on 10/10/17 7:53 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hmmm, all programs differ, but I also had a two week liquid diet. Did it suck? For sure. BUT, it got my head in the game AND I was focused on being 100% compliant so my liver would shrink and I would drop some weight, making surgery more safe.

The first 2-3 days were the worst, honestly, since I had a dull headache and felt tired. But I sucked it up, focused on the excitement of the upcoming surgery and upcoming weight loss, and made it through.

My two week liquid diet consisted of:

Protein shakes (mostly RTD (ready to drink) Premier Protein shakes in chocolate or vanilla

Chicken broth with Isopure unflavored protein powder added (make sure to add it to warm broth, not hot, since it will clump)

Unjury brand chicken soup flavor protein powder

Sugar-free jello

Sugar-free popsicles

Light and fit greek yogurt

Mostly I was tired of sweet flavors, hence the broth being so delicious. However, every time I felt sorry for myself, wishing I were normal and could eat food, I reminded myself that I had had far more than my fair share of food in my 36 years prior, hence weighing 350 lbs!

Good luck - set your mind to this and you can do it!

Shannon S.
on 10/10/17 3:10 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Yes you are right! I heard the unjury chicken broth isn't too bad! I'm excited! I feel like I shouldn't have surgery if I can't do this, so I have to do this!

theAntiChick
on 10/10/17 4:06 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Unjury chicken soup is actually pretty good. I also mixed unflavored protein powder with bouillon -- the trick is to mix the powder in a little lukewarm water first and then mix that with the ho****er.

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

carolw1229
on 10/10/17 2:09 pm
VSG on 10/18/17

I'm on day 6 of my pre op diet. It's not great but very doable. Breakfast- protein shake Lunch -protein shake Dinner-3 oz lean protein and 1/2 cup steamed vegetables or fresh fruit. No snacks. I did get the assorted packs of Syntrax and I highly recommend these for variety . I also have ready made Premier Protein shakes, Unjury chicken soup and unflavored powder. The protein drinks definitely fill me up. I'm focusing on the reasons for the surgery and looking forward to feeling healthy. I'm older and wish I had done this years ago. You can do this!!!

Shannon S.
on 10/10/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Nice! Keep up the awesome work! Thanks for the tips. Syntrax is definitely on my to order list.

DishyFishy
on 10/11/17 9:28 am

I start my pre-op in a couple of days. I'm nervous too!

I can have any liquids, including protein powders/shakes, plus some vegetables.

My protein powder of choice is Syntrax. Most of the other recommended ones are not so easy to get up here in Canada. I have a few different flavours in the big tubs, to use pre-op, and bought their pure unflavoured, medical one for after the sleeve. That can be mixed with Crystal Light, and such, to get any flavour you fancy, and it counts as a clear protein.

We can do it!

HW: 290

Pre-OP: 264

CW: See ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics