Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 10/9/17

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/17 8:37 am
VSG on 01/12/17

QOTD: I hope that I can keep myself motivated and not let working so much and being tired detour me.

Breakfast- 1 egg. Not enough but I was in a hurry!

Lunch- leftover szchewen beef with onions and carrots and 2 tbl steamed rice.

Dinner- grilled chicken tenders with steamed squash (last of my garden )

Snack- 2 oz of pepper jack cheese maybe a protein shake

NateH
on 10/9/17 9:13 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Happy Monday!

B: Chocolate NuZest clean lean protein with 10 oz. unsweetened vanilla almond milk

S: 8 salted almonds

L: 4 oz. 90% grass fed beef with a touch of gruyere cheese

D: 4 oz. chicken thigh

QOTD: I hope that my yearly follow-up with my surgeon goes well on Thursday. :)

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Bufflehead
on 10/9/17 9:25 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

4 years post-op, out of maintenance and back into weight loss for now.

Breakfast: oat bran porridge

Lunch: chicken & green veggie salad; cottage cheese

Afternoon snack: apple, mini protein shake

Dinner: Harissa sardine & egg bake, roast broccoli

After-dinner snack: yogurt, dried fruit

Exercise: nope

QOTD: I hope that the person at work who has been getting on my last nerve decides to leave or retire soon.

Ladyblu
on 10/9/17 9:34 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning! First day back to work. Getting up by alarm clock is oh so different than waking and slowly starting your day. Took mostly liquids to work today (just in case) and of course, the top popped off one on the way in so everything was covered with beef broth. But my hunny bunny made me a new lunch and brought it to me. He is my rock.

QOTD: I hope that I feel as positive about this journey in a year from now as I do today.

10 days post-op

M1: 1/2 cup beef broth

M2: Oikos Triple Zero Coconut Cream

M3: Protein Vegan Broth w/ 1 scoop Unflavored Isopure

M4: 1 Scoop Isopure Unflavored and a SF Great Value Drink Enhancer

M5: 1/2 Banana and 1/2 cup apple sauce

S: Laughing Cow Light Swiss Wedge, Raspberry SF Jello cup

E: None

Vits and water: Still struggling with water but vits on track.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

CC C.
on 10/9/17 10:16 am

Back from my Sedona trip. It was fabulous! We had such a good time! If I add in the two hikes before I left, I hiked 30 miles this last week, including climbing up and down boulders/rocks to take in views. And the only times I thought oh-Lord-I-might-die was related to my fear of heights, not ever from feeling out of shape. Such a confidence booster!

I do find I'm up 2.2 pounds though, which is disappointing. I thought I was making good choices at meals and skipped so much that my friends were eating (popcorn, chips, Starbucks drinks, alcohol, breakfast sweet bread, cookies, nuts, granola bars, dried fruits). I wasn't anywhere close to perfect though and it showed on the scale. Probably too many carbs and not enough protein. Sigh. Back to work!

QOTD: I hope that I don't screw this up and fail to maintain.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: real good pizza

D: grilled chicken

S: parmesan crisps

Kristi T.
on 10/9/17 10:16 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone! Good luck with your busy week Erin, I wish your energy and enthusiasm would rub off on me:-) That kind of week would put me in a coma!

QOTD-I hope that I will get to see and spend time with my three nieces sometime in the new year. I haven't seen them since 2012.

B-Greek yogurt w/chia, flax and pumpkin seeds

L-Egg salad in lettuce cups, string cheese

S-plain chai tea

D-Something with albacore tuna and peas

E-60 minute walk, upper body strengthening w/resistance bands

yvonnef1964
on 10/9/17 10:48 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I helped my dad this morning at the cemetery taking flowers off my mom and grandparents graves and turning the urns over for winter.

Qotd I hope that I can get my head into the right mindset to get this last of the weight off.

B big boy meat lovers omelette, hash browns and 2 small pancakes

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D rotisserie chicken and broccoli and cheese sauce

Have a good day

rachellynn104
on 10/9/17 1:42 pm

Hi! I'm new and just beginning my journey here. Ive been reading over different threads each day of what everyone is eating... and Ive tried googling to find the answer and Ive gotten conflicting answers. Are you not able to eat lettuce/salads right away after surgery?

TIA! I'm just trying to get as much knowledge as I can ahead of time. :)

Erin T.
on 10/9/17 1:45 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Not right away, no. Most progression goes something like:

1. Clear liquids
  2. Full liquids (ie: protein shakes)
  3. Purees (yogurt, cottage cheese, soft scrambled eggs, very wet canned meats)
  4. Solids

Technically, you can eat raw veggies when you get to solids but there's still a time progression. I started solids at 4 weeks with things like crockpot meats. I didn't eat a raw veggie for 5 months. That was partially due to extreme caution with my diet progression and partially because I just didn't have room.

I'm almost 9 months out and in maintenance and I still only eat very few raw veggies and haven't had a salad yet. Just no room for such things!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

rachellynn104
on 10/9/17 1:50 pm

I knew about the liquid regime and how you have to slowly move into solid foods. I just wasn't sure if at some point after healing that you could have salads. I suppose it would be of very little nutritional value-- I just eat a lot of salads now, so that would actually be something harder to give up...but worth it!

Thank you for taking the time to respond! :) I appreciate it.

Most Active
Recent Topics