Current view from my desk:

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Notaboutperfect
on 9/29/17 6:50 am
VSG on 11/08/16

I have all my "before" pics (I took one every month) and I look at them when I forget that I don't look like that anymore. I have a list I made before I had surgery of why I wanted to get healthy. It's a hard list to read because I was very unhappy and said some hurtful things about myself. I love buying clothes I like! And I'm gearing up for the reward I promised myself when I hit my stretch goal--taking a trapeze class! I think it's important to do stuff that you would have never done before. All of that said; I am 10 lbs from my stretch goal and my motivation is......well mostly not there? I definitely don't feel the fire I felt in the beginning, but I feel more of a "routine-ness" that has set in. I rarely eat "off plan" because I just eat the same stuff all the time. Four months ago, weight, VSG, and food was all consuming, but now I don't think of it so much. I lurk on OH to remind myself. I'm still losing (slower now) but I'm moving into a maintenance-type mindset. What I'm saying is that I think it's unrealistic to think I'd be psyched and motivated for the rest of my life about staying "on plan". So, to make sure I stay on track I'm working to make the plan just my normal. And I will continue to weigh myself often so I'm always plugged into my pound ups and downs. I think 5 pound flux is ok, but not more?

Sorry for the ramble--I think you and I are in the same boat and working these things out!

Most Active
Recent Topics