Searching for accountability buddy

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/17 4:44 pm, edited 9/26/17 5:05 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I am struggling with willpower and I think I would benefit from an accountability buddy. I am imagining someone I can text when I am on the brink of eating something I shouldn't - I would likely whine to you about what I'm thinking/feeling/doing/being stressed about and you would help me figure out something to do in that moment that is not eating. Is there a successful WLS vet who has time & energy to be my accountability buddy? Or maybe you are also close to goal and struggling with willpower and would like an accountability buddy exchange? It's a lot to ask, but I'm asking it.

missc_26
on 9/26/17 10:33 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Hi there

I'm not in the U.S. so probably the time difference will mess with the immediacy of the type of support you are after. However I'm happy to put my hand up as an accountability buddy.

What could be helpful is free Skyping or similar? I'm also struggling with staying on track and there's some things I'm doing I could share with you that might be helpful and we could provide each other feedback/accountability.

I won't be upset if you get a better offer that fits in with you, just know the option is there ;)

(deactivated member)
on 9/27/17 9:06 am, edited 9/27/17 2:08 am
VSG on 03/28/17

Thank you! Let's give it a try! I think WhatsApp is supposed to be great for free international texting - I'll download it and see what it's all about.

Mary Gee
on 9/27/17 9:45 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Just a suggestion..... I struggled with willpower, etc. for a long time. I started therapy and my therapist suggested joining Weigh****chers for accountability. I did that and it got me back on track...I adjusted their program to fit my barbaric program.

I'd offer to be your buddy, but I don't always have time to get on the computer.

Best of luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active
Recent Topics