Whatcha eating today VSGers? Sunday, 9/17/2017

Gwen M.
on 9/17/17 1:47 am, edited 9/17/17 4:30 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I am up very early since it's race day! Although not for me. Sigh :P I'm going into the city with Lance to cheer him on for a race. I ran it last year, but I can't this year due to recovery. Once home again, I'll have time to finish up my school work for the week - woo! All I have left is the abstract for my paper and some forum replies.

QOTD: What is your favorite color? Has this always been your favorite or has it changed? I forgot to answer my own question I always would have said green, but about a year post-op I realized most of my coats were purple, as was the majority of my wardrobe. I guess my favorite color changed when I wasn't paying attention!

1: protein shake
2: leftover chicken
3: chipotle chicken bowl and I'm going to try their new queso!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope, but I will get steps walking around the Mall!

How about you? What's going on for you this Sunday?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ajeffries
on 9/17/17 2:56 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I'm going to sleep all day. Worked last night and will work again tonight.

Qotd. Fav color is teal. Used to be green/yellow.

B protein shake

L pork chop, spinach.

D pork chop, baked potato

S fruit

S protein shake

S cheese sticks

Total calories around 1500, will walk about 15,000 steps tonight at work.

Erin T.
on 9/17/17 3:25 am, edited 9/16/17 8:25 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! I have a policy brief to write today. So I need to hole up in my office and get that done. It's not due until Tuesday at 4 pm, but I know I won't get the ambition to do it on a work day. Plus, I have a bunch of reading that is due before Tuesday's class too.

I'm supposed to have book club today, but I didn't finish the book. Plus, they are holding it at a winery and since I don't drink and eat selectively, none of that sounds very fun anyway! I'm sure Jon would like to do another hike today. Maybe if I can my paper at least roughed up early in the day, we can do that. We did 3.5 miles with kid #2 yesterday. Kid #1 stayed home to rest because of her cold.

QOTD: As a grown-up, I don't really feel like I have a favorite color anymore. I tend to pick things that are pink when it's not clothing.

8 months post-op/Maintenance/136.0lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: (2) Small Eggs, (1) Hormel Real Bacon Bits, 1oz Shredded Cheese, and 1/4 cup Broccoli

M3: Emiepie's Egg Salad, Jalapeno Stuffed Olives, & Pistachios

M4: Prime Rib Left Overs, and maybe a veggie

E: Hiking, if anything but today might be a down day

Our hike yesterday was pretty technical, there was lots of scrambling up rock walls:

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 9/17/17 4:54 am

Look at you go! Awesome!

Ajeffries
on 9/17/17 5:07 am
VSG on 01/27/16

The kids and I love hiking. That looks pretty.

CC C.
on 9/17/17 4:53 am

I'm heading to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore park today to go hiking with my neighbor. Should be a fun day! She walks incredibly fast, so should be great exercise too.

QOTD: I'm not sure I have one. I love looking at green in nature, gravitate toward navy blue clothes, and have a lot of pink things (hairbrush, iPad and phone cover, water bottles, etc.).

B - coffee and yogurt

L - slice or turkey and cheese, yogurt

D - not sure? I imagine fish and veggies

S - protein pudding

NYMom222
on 9/17/17 5:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

That's so funny about your favorite color changing when you weren't paying attention. Ha.

My favorite color? I have so many depends on the context. I do like to wear bright colors like bright pink green orange. Not all the time. Good neutrals work as well. I think it's being an artist all colors appeal.

I am always amazed you only eat 3x a day. I've realized recently I eat often. Very hard for me to go more than 2 hours without eating something.

B: coffee latte w/fairlife/miralax/mct oil

B2: eggbeaters/bacon/TJ lite mozzarella

L: lox and cream cheese pinwheel, celery

D: wings, salad or spinach

S: Apple, yogurt, protein hot chocolate

ex: gym

3 years 2 months out

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

yvonnef1964
on 9/17/17 6:01 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Yesterday got really warm so I got to use my new air conditioner. It works good.

Qotd I gravitate towards purple more now. It used to be red. I still like red.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna,cottage cheese and watermelon

D ribs, carrots and watermelon

Have a good day

Donna L.
on 9/17/17 7:34 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Purple is still in the lead for fave color, though blue is running a close second!

I'm still going through protein shakes to get rid of the whey. I will probably donate the rest, as I can tell it bugs my stomach still. I will probably skip whey entirely with the surgery when we revise.

And what?! Chipotle has something new?! Oh my gosh, I'm thrilled, but my wallet may not thank you tomorrow :P

M1: 7oz of greek yogurt (1/2 one hour, and 1/2 1-2 hour later)

M2: premier shake

M3: 4oz sirloin cubes sauteed in curry & ghee.

If hungry, also have prepared 4oz chicken, and 1oz havarti in the work lunch bag.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Kristi T.
on 9/17/17 9:48 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Getting laundry and groceries done today, then will probably relax tonight and watch some of the Emmy Awards.

QOTD-My home décor is a lot of earth tones, but my clothing is usually black, grey and purple. I don't have one favorite color. I did buy a bedspread recently that has a lot of salmon and teal, that is something I would never have liked in the past:-)

B-Yogurt w/chia, flax and pumpkin seeds

L-Vanilla protein shake

S-?

D-Crock Pot Roast w/root veggies

E-Walk with my dog

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Most Active
Recent Topics