Surgery on Monday. Absolutely excited and absolutely terrified.

elliekay949
on 9/15/17 5:44 pm
VSG on 09/26/17

Hi. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Sept. 26. I too am excited and absolutely terrified. My age is 68 and it seems I may be the oldest person here. Are there any success stories from my age group that might encourage me? I had the lap band 3 years ago and due to complications had removed in December. Hoping and expecting I will do really well with the sleeve. Thanks in advance for your support.

Manda32
on 9/16/17 3:09 pm

Looking at those videos I'm sure didn't help, but what you are feeling is totally normal. I think I was more excited and nervous, than terrified but normal still.

I was 316 at my surgery date, after two weeks of a liquid diet. I was 332, when I met the surgeon (surgery booked five weeks later), and he said he'd believe I'd get down to 160 or so and end up around 180.

Do I think its possible for you to get under 200lbs...of course!!!! I sure as heck plan to lol I don't know if I'll end up at my goal of 150 (which is not a hard set goal) or not, but if I don't quite hit goal it doesn't mean I'm a failure, or anybody whose doesn't quite get down to goal. I've lost 115 from my highest weight which was this time last year, and 99 since my liquid diet before surgery. I'm 233 right now, and although I've had a pretty decent weight loss rate, I know it may take awhile to hit onederland, but I will get there and so will you!!

Good luck with your surgery on Monday, and wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery!!!!

Orientation April 2016 - Final approvals December 2016. Surgical Class January 23, 2017. Met with Dr. Reed February 7, 2017. Opti start date March 1, 2017. Surgery March 15, 2017 (Dr. Foute-Nelong).

HW 348 SW 316 CW 191

GW 160

Most Active
Recent Topics