Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 9/14/17

yvonnef1964
on 9/14/17 11:44 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I was naughty today, I stopped at the ice cream shop after Sams club.

Qotd I have a Medical Assistant diploma

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

S ice cream cone

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D steak, green beans and watermelon if needed

Have a wonderful day

nimiety
on 9/14/17 2:19 pm - Brooklyn, NY

QOTD: I've got my BA and my MA in English, and I'm going for the trifecta--still working on the PhD. I have a lot of conflicted feelings about academia as an institution and a career, but zero conflict about the education I've gotten--couldn't be more invested in it or more grateful for it.

Breakfast: coffee & Fairlife

Lunch: tuna salad (same batch as yesterday)

Snack: half an apple with some goat cheese

Dinner: I'm not entirely sure yet! Probably a two-egg omelet with some ham and goat cheese and scallions.

Late-night snack: Maybe the Breyers Delights protein ice cream I didn't get to last night? Or maybe just a yogurt and a few pecans. #indecisive

Vitamins: check!

Exercise: walking

Not Being Good: The Examined Life Post-WLS

VSG 7/29/16 // surgery weight 332 // current weight 179 // goal weight 160

Highfunctioningfatman
on 9/14/17 6:33 pm, edited 9/14/17 11:34 am
VSG on 08/29/16

Qotd. Yeppers, I have one. My degree sucks. I went to our local community college for gunsmithing. Unfortunately they cancelled the program after my first term. I bounced around a couple of different programs and finally settled on Automotive Technology. I've never turned a wrench professionally but I've bought, repaired and sold many vehicles. I was in college for 3 years and I graduated debt free by flipping 157 vehicles during that time. I still do a little on the side. Usually 1-4 per year. I have to see at least $1000 profit in the vehicle before I will touch a vehicle these days.

Now I work in healthcare. Much better!

B: 4 slices of bacon!

L: chicken enchilada

D: no stinking clue!

Edit; I should add that I was home schooled from age 12-15. I graduated from college the same day that I would've graduated from high school.

Donna L.
on 9/14/17 10:17 pm, edited 9/14/17 3:17 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Posting late, but better late than... never? Something. I'm still applying for jobs. 2 calls back so far, and neither is full-time, but if I can manage to get hired at two places, that is irrelevant. Weirdly, they are calls for applications I sent like two months ago, though, and not the current round. Thanks, hospitals....

My Dream Job opened up at the University of Chicago working with integrated health care. It's a long shot, but I am trying to apply there. Maybe surgery is free if I work where it's done, right? >.>;

Speaking of the revision, currently we're looking at post-January. In the latest chapter of Donna's Body Is Trying To Kill Her, we discovered my PTH was way high. This was purely because I asked for ferritin and PTH to be checked pre-op to develop a baseline of readings before woah-DS level malabsorption. At any rate, I see the endocrinologist tomorrow to suss out possible causes. Thyroid ultrasound was fine...well, sort of. My thyroid still has like seven nodules. If it's not the thyroid/damage from Hashimoto's (rare, but it happens), it's possibly Celiac (odd as I basically eat no plants more or less). It could be a few other issues which are extremely rare and unlikely. Oooooor I am just a crazy fat girl from New Jersey and my very cells are imploding due to evil Jersey Shore radiation. The world will never know?

Keeping ketones and fat high this week - I need the brain boost. Weeding out whey protein in favor of animal sources.

M1: Meat protein "shake" - 5 oz

M2: Plain greek yogurt - 5.3 oz

M3: Sliced beef 4 oz

M4: Probably Yet More Sliced Beef if hungry/missing protein.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics