Surgeons Appointment - 2.5 Months Post Op

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 2:52 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Glad you have a supportive DH :) Mine is too - he is already making skinny comments but in a nice encouraging way. I now weigh less than him which was a mini goal

Sounds like you are doing great and being very sensible. I think we know our own bodies best

:)

CC C.
on 9/11/17 3:08 pm

There is no medical reason you can't lose everything you want to lose if you work your sleeve. His words ought to be a motivation to prove him wrong, I think!

ShirlAus
on 9/11/17 3:27 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Cecily :)

Im a stubborn lady at times and thats exactly what his words did. I make him out as horrible - in fairness he is just doing his job and putting it all on the table. I guess the other end of the spectrum is they cant go promising anyone will loose more than the average or they would probably cop a lot of flack.

At the end of the day, this is truely down to me as to how I use the tool he gave me and as I said earlier - roll on next June when I walk back in that door

Agran
on 9/11/17 6:06 pm

Sounds like you have fone amazing and gave the right attitude to reach all your goals. It is great seeing your impressive progress. I have no doubt you will hit YOUR goal!

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 2:53 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Agran :) Im hoping to and very determined

Rachel B.
on 9/12/17 7:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I think most docs give us small goals so we don't get overwhelmed by the number. I think the best thing to do is lose until your body settles in. Then manage any bounce-back that you may have that may be more than you want.

You're doin great, Shirl!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 9/12/17 7:14 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Rachel - like my ticker - the turtle - slow n steady wins the race

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/17 10:01 am

Atleast you got a goal , mine had no goal for me apart from he doesn't want me to get below 28 BMI as it 'wouldn't suit me' As if I would do all this to plan to stay overweight.. He is BMI 28, granted he looks healthy but him using himself as an example makes no difference to me that is not my goal.

Weldone for doing so well :) Keep up the good work. And prove him wrong :)

Most Active
Recent Topics