Feeling discouraged and worried

Agran
on 9/8/17 3:50 pm

I hate spell check. I mean Chemistry Queen. Yikes, glad it's Friday.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/8/17 5:01 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You might want to stay off the youtube videos for awhile. I'm not sure how much searching you have to do to find the happy successful VSGr's, but I'm sure they're there, but often you find a lot of people post when they're struggling not when everything is going good.

I consider myself a newbie but I've kept the majority of my weight off, & am looking to get off the regain. The regain wasn't a result of the surgery, but me falling back into bad habits.

Barring complications most people in those videos probably fell back into bad habits & rather than recognize & change their habits, they start blaming the surgery. Mind you, they might've picked a surgery that wasn't enough for them to begin with, so revising to the malabsorption surgeries is a good decision.

Just remember, surgery is just a tool. It's up to you to use it properly or not. I had the VSG & it was the best decision of my life.

Good luck to you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

NYMom222
on 9/8/17 8:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

My best advice is make this your job. Always be working at improving yourself. And don't disappear. Having a place to come daily has been essential to my success.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

CALI118
on 9/8/17 8:53 pm
VSG on 07/11/17

I watched a ton of youtube before the surgery and did so much research. I am 2 months out now. I would not spend any time or watch anything negative on the surgery. I would not let those ideas in my head. I thought it would not help me be successful. Stay positive - you have this!

One-derland
on 9/9/17 6:56 am
VSG on 11/01/17

Seems to me that you need positive Vibes sent to you! So I am sending them here and now. May the water taste wonderful, may the puree food be incredible, and let the soft food be better then you ever imagined. This is now your full time focus, and you did this because you saw yourself happy and healthy for the rest of your journey called life. This program works! you have to give it your all! Please stop doubting yourself, it not what you need. So please go treat your self to a wonderful glass of crystal light (if you are allowed) and take 5 minutes to say, DAMN IT I AM WORTH THIS! you have luck, just change it around....the old you is gone, Now the new you is here, take life by the BALLS and live again.

dmcs85
on 9/9/17 10:00 am

thank you

catwoman7
on 9/9/17 9:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

like everyone else has said, as long as you follow the rules, you won't fail. People who fail at this are those who allow bad habits to sneak back in. Stick to your program, follow all the rules (like no drinking after eating), and you'll be fine.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

NuevaMujer714
on 9/9/17 8:08 pm - Irvine, CA

I had my surgery 2011 let me tell you. It was the best decision ever. I will tell you this is just a tool. So you must make changes for the best. I was doing great and my surgeon was amazed. But I will tell you I've gained weight because I went back eating what I shouldn't have. Be strong don't be like those and me get off the wagon and gain.

XOXO Thanks for the Support            
Coppergirl
on 9/15/17 10:39 am

Remember this is a process and as others have said a tool. There are THOUSANDS of us right out here with you fighting the same fight. It is a day to day struggle. But, remember it is human nature to grip and post when things are bad. Very few people will post about how wonderful things are because they are too busy enjoying life!

This surgery must be successful the MAJORITY of the time or it would not continue to be used by so many healthcare professionals. Trust and enjoy the journey. Take each day as a fresh start. Didn't make the best decisions yesterday? Don't beat yourself up. Make better ones today.

And don't be afraid to ask for help from your support group whether it is friends, family, this site, or professional. YOU HAVE GOT THIS!!!

Started this journey 6/6/16 - 246.8lbs. SW 214 - 9/6/16 VSG. CW - 158. (9/15/17) Post VSG M1- 20, M2- 8.4 M3- 6.6 M4- 8 M5- 3.6 M6-5.8 M7- 1.5 M8- 1.5 GOAL - 142.

Never waste a second chance!!

Most Active
Recent Topics