Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday 9/5/17

Erin T.
on 9/5/17 3:04 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! Happy first day of school to many of the kids in the North East, I'm sure! After I'm done with this I'm going to go make blueberry waffles for my kiddos for the first day of school of school breakfast. Looks like it's another rainy gross day. Yesterday was nice though and I did manage to get in 2.5 miles of walking on lunch break and a 2-mile run when I came home. I'm hoping to walk again on lunch break, because I have class this afternoon so I don't know how much of a work out I'll get after work.

QOTD: Are you an introvert or extrovert, or some combination? I work in IT and socializing is really not my thing. I can't make small talk to save my life. Social engagements make my eye twitch. But, I'm very assertive in my work environment and enjoy managing people and the challenges that come with that, more than anything else.

7 months post-op/Maintenance/138.7lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total, SF Pudding Mix, Blueberries, and Slivered Almonds

M3: 2.5oz of pulled pork and 1oz of cheese

M4: Pork Tenderloin and Cauliflower

E: Maybe a 2-3 mile walk on lunch break if it's nice enough outside

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

CC C.
on 9/5/17 4:58 am, edited 9/5/17 3:06 am

Holy moly, I am in the 180's this morning! Happy dancing over here... I'm going for my 6 month blood labs this morning (a few weeks late, but I have to drive an hour to get to a lab my CA insurance takes). Hope those vitamins are doing hte trick.

QOTD: I'm a total introvert in that I recharge by being alone. I like being around people and talking to them, but it wears me out in every way and I have to go hide a while to get my energy back.

B - coffee and yogurt after labs

L - chicken

D - steaks and salad

S - protein shake pudding

Kristi T.
on 9/5/17 10:05 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Woo hoo, 180's Cecily, that's wonderful!

Cathy H.
on 9/5/17 1:04 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Woohoo, Cecily, that's awesome!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

ShirlAus
on 9/5/17 1:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Well done Cecily :) You are doing great

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/5/17 5:43 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Good morning! It's starting to cool down here this week. Only gonna be in the mid 70's all week. Nice to have the windows open again and the air turned off. I'm also only a week away from my one year surgiversary.

QOTD: I'm a good combination of both. I love being out and around people and meeting new people, but I also need time to myself if I get to over socialized.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: buffalo chicken salad with crumbled wasa cracker

D: turkey enchilada skillet

S: protein bar

E: walking

W&V

lauraellen80
on 9/5/17 7:27 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Eek, I had a very off-plan weekend (it included a hamburger festival and several gin-and-tonics), so today is all about getting back to my normal routine.

QOTD: Introvert, all the way. I love to go do things with friends, but then I need some major recharging time to myself afterwards, preferably with a book and a dog curled up next to me. I am also shy around new people and have a fair amount of social anxiety--networking events are my personal hell.

B: Coffee w/ 2% Fairlife and SF Torani on my commute. My own protein-pumpkin-yogurt concoction made with plain 2% Fage, stevia, vanilla extract, vanilla protein powder, and canned pumpkin. Topped with 1/4 cup of homemade granola (almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, small amount of rolled oats, and lower-sugar dried cranberries, sweetened/moistened with a little honey and muscavado sugar and unsweetened applesauce. It didn't come out crunchy, and I think it's because I used more nuts and less oats than the recipe called for. Tastes good, though! I'm going to experiment with the recipe and try to sub sugar-free syrup for the sugar and honey to make it even lower in sugar and carbs.

S: Another cup of coffee, FF Fairlife, Splenda. A Quest bar, maybe.

L: 1 oz. turkey pepperoni, 1 oz. parmesan cheese, 6 baby carrots w/ 2 tb. hummus

S: Vermont BBQ meat stick, reduced-fat string cheese, 1/2 cup mixed berries

D: ???

S: Halo top ice cream, possibly, we'll see how the rest of the day goes

E: I've been trying to walk a little during my lunch break. Will try to walk the dogs this evening as well.

Gwen M.
on 9/5/17 7:54 am, edited 9/5/17 12:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've had some busy, active days recently and I'm feeling it. It's easy to forget that I'm only 3 weeks post-op and I ended up having to take pain killers the last two nights as a result. Today I will take it easier. I do have to go to the dentist for a cleaning today - not super thrilled about this as it means disclosure of "medical history changes" i.e., my recent surgeries.

QOTD: I don't know anymore. A few years ago I read "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking" and a lot of it resonated. When I talked about it with my mom she was like, "lol, you? an introvert?" And then I had a super enlightening conversation with my aunt about the topic. I believe, now, that I cultivated introversion as a safety mechanism due to being bullied as a kid. I think I'm somewhere in the middle of the spectrum on this. Sometimes, I need introvert time to recharge. Other times, I need extrovert time to recharge. However, I also don't care much for large group settings, because I much rather socialize one on one. When I worked as an event organized I described myself as "an introvert who fakes it really well."

1: protein shake
2: leftover curry or steak
3: whichever leftover I didn't have for lunch

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 9/5/17 9:07 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Sorry I haven't been on in several days, my SIL that has liver cancer was in icu and they moved her to hospice yesterday due to her liver and kidneys not functioning.

Qotd I'm an introvert. Very quiet and shy

b egg mcmuffin and string cheese

l tuna and cottage cheese

d not sure I have a support group tonight and will be late

Have a good day

Rachel B.
on 9/5/17 9:26 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Yvonne, I'm sorry about your SIL.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics