Hungry?

kim79
on 9/4/17 2:46 pm

Tomorrow marks one week, since surgery I feel hungry. Am I imagining it? How much were you eating a week out? What were you eating a week out?

Agran
on 9/4/17 2:50 pm

One week out I was eating chicken broth, chicken broth and more chicken broth. I am currently in week 9. It is hard to determine real hunger after a week. You may be dehydrated or just feeling empty. All is perfectly normal. Your hunger feeling should pass soon as you adjust to the new you.

Be kind to yourself, rest, relax and surround yourself with supportive people.

kim79
on 9/4/17 3:09 pm

Ugh I am already tired of chicken broth. I know I should not be and I should be patient but I am just ugh. I guess I am just pushing myself already. I do not mean to but I seem to always do that.

Agran
on 9/4/17 3:16 pm

I know. It is hard to be patient. We want this to work and work fast. Listen to all the wisdom of the people on this forum. Work the program, do what your doctor has said and it will work. There are other things that you can do for liquid diet. I just wanted it simple. I also used to mix a bit of orange juice with water, ice and protein powder. That helped a lot. You might want to try that.

shelbiekay
on 9/4/17 3:09 pm
VSG on 08/22/17

I was not hungry. I had water, sugar free popsicles chicken broth beef bone broth, SF vitamin water and SF jello.

kim79
on 9/4/17 3:41 pm

You had surgery a week before me. How are you doing?

shelbiekay
on 9/4/17 4:43 pm
VSG on 08/22/17

Hi Kim!

I'm doing pretty good, I am still a little weak and tire easily, but do some type of outing everyday to get my walking in. I am still having trouble getting all of my fluids and protein in (I feel so full all day trying) I'm on full liquids right now (Protein shakes, crème soups & Yogurt) I start soft foods in a couple of days.

I can only eat about 1-2 oz right now.

I stopped taking pain meds about day 3 after surgery, I'm just sore now.

I still have some occasional stomach cramps when I eat something my tummy doesn't like. I still have quite a bit of gas.

How is it going for you?

kim79
on 9/4/17 5:13 pm

I am tired of water. I am still full of gas as well I wish that part would go away. I tire easily as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me

shelbiekay
on 9/4/17 5:26 pm
VSG on 08/22/17

Of course! ask me anything you like I feel a little better each day, and so will you!

Gwen M.
on 9/4/17 6:49 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You can do other things like crystal light, mio water flavorings, etc.

Walking will help with the gas - walk as much as you can when you're not too tired. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics