Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 9/4/17

Erin T.
on 9/4/17 3:16 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good Morning, VSGers! For my kids, this is the last day before school starts. Everyone in my house has the day off except for me. Labor Day isn't a holiday when classes just started on 8/28 I guess.

Because yesterday was a crappy, rainy day I went to GNC to get some protein bars. On the suggestion of the guy there I bought a FitJoy and ate it when I left the store because it was way past lunch and I hadn't eaten. It did not go over well. I felt nauseated almost immediately and it sent my blood sugar way up too! So, I won't be buying any of those again!

QOTD: What's your biggest pet peeve? I can't stand when people aren't timely or prepared. Both when they arrive late somewhere, but also when they are fully aware of when we should be leaving and wait until the last possible minute to get ready. My husband does this. He'll know we're leaving at 8am, but he'll wait until 7:50 to get stuff together and leave me in the car tapping my foot waiting for him.

7 months post-op/Maintenance\138.3lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total, SF Pudding Mix, Blueberries, and Sunflower Seeds

M3: Pulled Pork Pizza (1oz pulled pork, 1 TBSP BBQ Sauce, Flax Seed Pita, 1oz Mozzarella)

M4: BLT's (Mine made with the Pita instead of bread)

E: 3-mile walk on lunch break, or maybe a run if it's nice when I get home. Maybe both? I did end up getting in a good TRX work out yesterday so I'm feeling sore again this morning!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Rachel B.
on 9/4/17 4:42 am, edited 9/3/17 9:42 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Good morning!

QOTD: I am a control freak. Pet peeves abound... I hate when my clients don't show up, but I am peeved more when they show up late. I'd rather they not come at all at that point. There are a lot of things that annoy me. I work very hard to let them go. My mother says I'll have a stoke in traffic.

My dad and two aunts got in last night and came to the hospital straight from the airport. Grammy has been sleeping well for the last 48 hours and is much more coherent. Today we all meet with case management to discuss hospice possibilities. The hot topic will be in a small hospice facility (a very good one at my old hospital). Its small, and has been used for almost 100 years, most of that as hospice unit. Or at home surrounded by family. It's really going to be a tough decision.

Food is being loosely tracked. I'm not eating outrageously, but with family & cir****tances, it's bound to be wobbly. Mom & I went shopping yesterday and got fixings for salad, fresh salmon, and steak. Should be good. And I have plenty of red grapefruit!!!

everyone enjoy your holiday!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Erin T.
on 9/4/17 5:49 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good luck with your grandmother!

I am also a control freak and many things bother me more than they should. I luckily do not live in an area where traffic is generally a concern. But, at work, I tend to "hoard" tasks because no one can do them as well as I can do them myself right?

Rachel B.
on 9/4/17 5:55 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Thank you.

I know I may be seeming like a Debbie Downer, but I'm really not that upset. I just don't share this stuff anywhere, and I'm one of the 'strong ones' in the family, being a nurse. This has been the only place I've mentioned it. I had been looking for a therapist the last couple of weeks, and think I found the perfect one. I'll be needing that now! As of right now, I'm ok. I'm just here, being accountable because I need to be.

Thank you to everyone for understanding.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 9/4/17 1:12 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Really hard decisions Rachel - Its good you are all making them together and supporting each other. Good to hear shes resting easier and better able to communicate

Take care and be kind to yourself x

CC C.
on 9/4/17 6:49 am, edited 9/3/17 11:51 pm

Cousins are gone, but new guests arrived last night. Thankfully, they are my dad's wife's friends so I am not responsible for entertainment.

QOTD: I have so many pet peeves (I'm a control freak too. So many of us...) The one I experience most frequently is people who drive under the speed limit. The road to my house in MI is 9 miles long, 2 lanes, no passing with a 35 mph limit. I want to scream when I'm stuck behind some jerk doing 25! It happens a few times a week.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - eggs

D - chicken and corn on the cob

S - sugar free pudding made with vanilla protein shake

Erin T.
on 9/4/17 9:43 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I live in a town where the average age of the residents is old because we have a river with really high-end houses that people from the city buy and retire in. There's a running joke about retiring and driving 40mph (in a 55) between my town and the next one over during the morning/afternoon commute. It's like a club you join or something.

CC C.
on 9/4/17 12:16 pm

Tons of retired folks here too. Inevitably the slow car has a permanent disabled license plate...

Gwen M.
on 9/4/17 8:00 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My syllabi open today for my classes beginning on the 11th. Exciting. I haven't looked at them yet.

I had a super day yesterday at the Faire but ended up very exhausted. I'm recovering so well from surgery #2 that I forget I'm only 3 weeks out. I had to take oxy before bed :( But I'm doing okay this morning so hopefully I'll have a good day.

QOTD: At the moment? The fact that since losing 50+ pounds my optician has never been able to get my glasses to fit quite right. It's really aggravating to always feel like I need to be adjusting them on my face.

1: protein shake
2: leftover meatballs
3: Art is grilling skirt steaks and I'm making cilantro pesto and elote mac and cheese to go with them. Yum. (I'll only have a bite of the mac and cheese.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/4/17 8:54 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Good morning! Yesterday I helped out some of my DJ friends at there annual WEBN western and southern fireworks & festival. 10 hours straight of helping set things up, 1st hour spent in the WEBN museum, several hours handing out freebies, assisting a couple of the Staff and setting up and taking down chairs in the VIP area. I went to bed just fine but this morning I am so sore. It was a great day nonetheless and great excersize too.

QOTD: I took can not stand when people are late or causing others to be late. Growing up my parents where always late to everything. So I always make it a point to be early or on time.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, tall skinny latte from Starbucks ( little treat)

L: buffalo chicken salad and a wasa cracker

D: Turkey enchilada skillet

: Protein bar

E: Rest day since I'm really sore

W&V

Most Active
Recent Topics