Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday 9/3/17

CC C.
on 9/3/17 12:30 pm, edited 9/3/17 5:31 am

Just got back from dropping my cousin and his partner at the airport. We had such a good time! Well, other than the part where I tripped getting off the boat at the dock and fell into the water fully clothed with my iPhone in my hand. Grrr. It's dead as a doornail. And I probably picked up a brain eating amoeba from all the water in my ears and sinuses. So now I must do a 3 week smartphone cleanse as I wait impatiently for the iphone 8 to ship sometime the week of the 20th. That's if I get one, I hear rumors there will be limited quantities. The horror!

QOTD: I am already crazy lucky to get to live in two great places. I find the part that matters the most is where your close friends and family are. There are lots of pretty, fun places to live, but I've chosen the ones closest to the people I love...

B - coffee, bacon, protein pancakes

L - leftover chicken salad

D - leftover fi****hink

S - I'll count part of my breakfast as a snack. It was a lot and delish

ShirlAus
on 9/3/17 1:41 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All. Start of another working week for me after a beautiful weekend in Launceston, Tasmania. It is a city steeped in history being the third town to be settled in Australia in 1804. So many stunning old buildings to look at. We stayed in a lovely hotel- Hubby had organised a spa suite with chocolates (I didnt eat them), bath salts and wine. We wandered the local farmers market, went for a long walk, then toured the Brewery there - I can confirm I still don't like beer ha ha ha but Hubby enjoyed my samples. We went to dinner at a lovely place I had picked. Yesterday we went and walked the Cataract Gorge. Its so beautiful, the pictures don't do it justice. Went on the chairlift and walked over the suspension bridge before hiking back to our car - just in time to beat the rain. Saw a lovely mumma wallaby with her joey. It was Fathers Day so I took Hubby out to lunch - we shared a seafood platter - Oh my go**** was delicious and a lovely glass of wine. Did some more sightseeing from the car as the rain stayed and did a wine tasting on the way to the airport. It was such a nice anniversary weekend and Im feeling very spoilt. Expected to have gained but Im pleased to see the scales drop this morning - we did walk a lot

QOTD: In approximately 8 years we should be living at our dream place which is 24 acres near the Victoria and NSW border - the house site sits on a slight ridge with 360 degree views. Its so peaceful. Its what makes me haul my butt into work every day as its one step closer to making our dreams become a reality :)

Out of splurge mode and back into my zone

B: 3 Mini Muffin Quiches

S: Chobani Yoghurt

L: Lamb Rogan Josh

D: TDB - will be something out of the freezer

Have included some pictures for those interested.

Have a great day all

Rachel B.
on 9/3/17 1:44 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Wonderful pictures! Looks like you had a great time.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 9/3/17 1:52 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thanks Rachel :) We did

Rachel B.
on 9/3/17 10:08 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

And you BOTH look GORGEOUS!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

ShirlAus
on 9/4/17 1:30 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Awww Thank you

Cathy H.
on 9/3/17 2:03 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Awesome pics, Shirley! Looks like DH is doing much better. Your face looks so much thinner, looking good, girl!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

ShirlAus
on 9/3/17 2:11 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Aww thank you - dealing with more wrinkles but would rather have that than the fat face. A ways to go yet :)

Hubby is getting there - he managed really well on the weekend. Enjoyed himself lots

Cathy H.
on 9/3/17 2:02 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Finished my first APA style paper for class last night...it nearly killed me! lol The last time I had to write a paper for college was 32 years ago, and I'd never heard of APA or MLA! Now I'm learning both on the fly, as if having an old brain and learning the subject matter isn't enough lol.

QOTD: With the caveat that my sisters would have to go with me, I'd spend my summers in Whistler, Canada, (I spent a vacation there in 2006 and fell in love), and the rest of the year in Prescott, Arizona. I've never been there, but I did spend a month in Tucson once. I loved the dry air, and Prescott is high enough it expriences all 4 seasons.

B: Plain whole milk yogurt w/PB2, erythritol and Fiber one, coffee w/H&H and xylitol

L: Chicken italian sausage, salad w/cheese, bacon, and avocado ranch dressing

D: More chicken italian sausage, salad w/cheese, bacon, and avocado ranch dressing

Water and vites on track

E: Not sure

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Rachel B.
on 9/3/17 2:35 pm, edited 9/3/17 7:53 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I live in Tucson, which is perfect from October to March, for me. I worked in Prescott last year from mid-June to Halloween and it was mostly glorious. It's a little pricey to live there, cos it's off the beaten path. But the center I was working at reminded me of a hippy compound, nestled in a hilly neighborhood surrounded by a few tall (15 to 25 feet), round rock formations and big trees. It really had a laid back, peaceful vibe. The old city square is adorable. They have events on the weekends at the square throughout the summer. Karaoke on the square, art fests, music and there is a HUGE rodeo festival that last 2 to 4 weeks, I think it was in August. The only downside is that the community is so small that the homelessness (which is greater due to the climate) and drug problems are very visible in the community.

I like your choices, Cathy!!!

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Most Active
Recent Topics