Whatcha eating today VSGers? Friday, 9/1/2017

Gwen M.
on 9/1/17 2:58 am
VSG on 03/13/14

How is it September?! How is it 2017??! Sheesh. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and couldn't stop thinking about googly eyes so I finally gave up and got out of bed. I assume I'll take a nap later today. Maybe. I hope. :P

QOTD: What sound wakes you up in the morning? An alarm noise? A song? Your cat meowing? I've had "Somebody That I Used To Know" as my alarm song for a few years now and this week I tried out some new songs, but they just Did Not Work.

1: protein shake at oh dark thirty
2: probably another protein shake when I get hungry at a weird time for eating
3: leftover meatballs
4: If I cook, it'll be a curry, otherwise leftover roast beef or leftover meatballs! (I made a LOT of meatballs last night.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Erin T.
on 9/1/17 3:28 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Excuse me while I go bang my head on a wall. It's 38 degrees and we have an active frost advisory. I'm feeling a little panicked about this new job because if I take it I will (soft) commit to being in this area for another couple of years and HOLY HELL IT'S COLD!

In other news, I bought a TRX suspension trainer and I'm happy today I'm good and sore after using it. I'm very happy that I can manage to get a good, all over sore without my trainer pushing me. This thing works your abs though, ouch! Does anyone else have a really prominent rib cage? I had no idea I had one until I got skinny, but now I wonder what I'll look like after plastics. My last ribs stick out a lot.

QOTD: Mine is set to the "Hillside" default alarm option on my iPhone. I've never been able to wake up nicely to music, but I should try again now that I pretty much jump out of bed and sprint to the coffee maker.

7 months post-op/Maintenance/138.0lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total, SF Pudding, Blueberries and Slivered Almonds

M3: Chicken Breast and Avocado (and a handful of popcorn, and a bite of Strawberry Shortcake!)

M4: Flax Pita Pizza w/ Cheese and Turkey Pepperoni. Maybe a veggie or two thrown on there.

E: Might try out the TRX trainer again, or I might need another day to recover my abs. We'll see.

This whole plan brings me up about 300 calories under my goal for the day, so I'll need to add in something somewhere.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Gwen M.
on 9/1/17 3:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Frost advisory?! DO NOT WANT. Although I did switch my thermostat from cool to heat/cool this morning when I was feeling sorry for myself not being able to sleep.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

ShirlAus
on 9/1/17 4:09 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Good evening all :) off on a mini break with hubby tomm for our anniversary. Just finalising packing & blow drying my falling out hair. Onwards & upwards!

iQOTD: I wake at 5am each morning to harp sounds- doesnt stop me wishing I could can cancel it n curl up a bit longer but not to be

Re Food - not to sure! But will be protein forward

B: Qantas club so thinking eggs n ham?

Rest of the day- not sure but will make best choices! Sounds like im exercising free reign but will be protein first

Up at 5am to catch flights so zzzz time for us

rissa1224
on 9/1/17 5:18 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

TGIF! I don't get to come on as often as I'd like but I'm trying!

I bought a food scale that comes with a bowl, it's great! I was fearing my eyeballing the measuring wasn't working, luckily for me it always was okay. I like to just use this now to make sure my eyes don't get bigger when I'm hangry and cooking. 90% of the time we eat at home and cook. And I'm down 5lbs! We have our engagement photo shoot on the 23rd, so that's even more motivation.

my alarm on my phone wakes me up every morning - work morning. Same time, it goes off at 6:05 and I snooze until about 6:15-6:20. I'm pretty set in my routines so I can be at work earlier than 8. I meal prep generally at night.

B: premier chocolate shake

L chicken salad on top of some lettuce, 5 pepperoni chunks

S if I don't eat the pepperoni with lunch I'll have that, or half a protein bar. I need it to hold me over because dinner will be pretty late.

D: unsure! I have my god daughters first pep rally (she's a heart baby and got cleared for sports and she does competition dance and cheer, it's now cheer season!) we are going out to eat after, hopefully somewhere I can get grilled chicken.

lauraellen80
on 9/1/17 5:43 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Haha, can I ask what exactly your thoughts on googly eyes were, Gwen?

QOTD: I have an alarm on my phone with a "radar" sound. One at 6am to wake me and/or my husband up to feed the dogs, since one of them gets an insulin injection, and another at 6:30 to get ready for work.

B: Coffee w/ 2% Fairlife milk and SF Torani syrup on my commute; then a Siggi's yogurt at my desk.

S: SF chai tea made w/ FF Fairlife milk; Quest bar

L: 1 oz. turkey pepperoni, light string cheese, 2 tb. hummus and 6 baby carrots

S: 1 oz. mixed nuts w/ 1 tb. lower-sugar dried cranberries, light Babybel cheese

D: Probably chicken shwarma over greens

S: ???

E: Walking the dogs--last evening I took them separately, walking one dog and my MIL's dog together and then took my blind senior doggo for a solo walk. It was easier to manage, and I got more steps in--win-win!

Also--I'm down a pound this morning, yay!

Gwen M.
on 9/1/17 7:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Well, I have a friend who is going to a wedding on Saturday and she happens to be wearing a dress that I gave her when it got too big for me. She was asking me about the hair style she was considering and then made a comment about how she still needed to figure out shoes. I asked her what size she wore and, wow, we wear close enough to the same size that I offered to loan her the pair of shoes I wore with the dress. (The dress is a retro-style halter top that's black with white polka dots.) I also loaned her a pair of shoes that have cat faces on the toes that I thought could work with the dress.

As I was going to bed last night, she messaged to say that the cat shoes were amazing and fit great. And I said, since the dress code is something stupid like "casual and sparkly," that she should totally put googly eyes on the cat eyes.

And then, when I woke up at 3:30am to pee, all I could think about was "OMG, PUT GOOGLY EYES ON ALL THE POLKA DOTS OF THE DRESS TOO."

So, yeah, that's my story. It would be freaking amazing.

lauraellen80
on 9/1/17 9:58 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Bahahahaha! Yes, that would be amazing!

CC C.
on 9/1/17 6:13 am

Good morning! Having a great time with my cousins this week. But it's cold here too! It was 46 when I got up at 8. Brrr.

QOTD: I wake up on my own or when my dog starts moving around, usually around 7:30 - 8:30. If I have to get up at a certain time, I will set multiple alarms at 5 minute intervals on my phone because I can't be trusted to react to just one! When I was working, I kept my alarm clock in the bathroom so I had to leave my bed to turn it off. I am not a morning person...

B - coffee and yogurt

L - leftover bbq chicken

D - going out so not sure? Maybe the innards of a sandwich or burger

S - beef jerky

SallyCat
on 9/1/17 7:16 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Good morning. Glad it's Friday. The remnants of Harvey started coming through yesterday (I'm in Nashville). Tornado warnings last night and lots of flooding here. Several of my coworkers go****er in their homes. Still, it is only the smallest of fractions of what Houston and surrounding areas have had to endure.

QOTD: I set an alarm, a beeping that starts slow and soft and gets faster and louder. Then I set my phone for 30 minutes later just in case.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: leftover turkey taco meat with a tiny salad

D: turkey sausage Italian stir-fry with zucchini and squash

S: turkey jerky

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Most Active
Recent Topics