Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 8/31/17

Rachel B.
on 8/31/17 2:54 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Shirl-what you call your 'block' is that a 'farm'? I remember reading in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo that they called a Ranch 'Station' in Australia in the books. Just wonder. Sounds like what you call your block is definitely what I grew up calling a farm!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 8/31/17 3:55 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey Rachel :)

Yes its our mini farm - 24 acres up on the border of Victoria and NSW. It will be our retirement place. We plan to be there in 8 years. Building a 5 bay shed with one of the bays made into a mini residence. Then the big farm house will come closer to when we go up.

I call it the farm or block as by farm standards over here its more what they term a lifestyle property due to being small

:)

Shirley

Rachel B.
on 8/31/17 7:28 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

HAHA! SMALL! I grew up on 5 acres, but we had dairy goats & a few chickens.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ShirlAus
on 8/31/17 7:35 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

He he he - Being an ex city girl - I thought 55 acres (previous farm) and our current one - 24 acres where big but soon was corrected by Hubby who grew up on farms with 100's of acres. Apparently its a tiny one :)

I love living on the land and all the animals. Counting down the years till we can be up there full time.

We will have Angus Heifers, Suffolk Sheep, Chickens and maybe a few ducks. Grow all our own veggies etc

Our previous farm we had Horses, Cattle, Sheep, Alpachas, Geese, chickens and Ducks. Was so sad when we sold it and they all had to go. But I brought 8 chooks to the "burbs" as I cant go back to shop bought eggs

Shirley :)

MissNexxie
on 8/31/17 8:46 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

Super late to post but what the heck.

Smoke very bad here today with air quality advisories all over the place. Stayed inside and used treadmill and after 20 mins was sweating and huffing like I'd been on it for an hour. And I have no allergies/asthma. Crazy. Made it for 35 mins so happy with that. Rest of day spent spent helping an friend and packing for Vegas.

B: coffee with cream/sugar, HB egg, can flavored tuna

S: homemade protein shake

L: Coffee w/ milk & splenda, swiss cheese slice, black forest ham, 4 whole wheat saltines

S: more coffee w/ cream & splenda, 2 oz roasted chicken, Oikos Pumpkin Spice greek yogurt (this stuff is amazing!!)

D: salad: lettuce, carrots, red cabbage, tomatoes,cucumber with swiss cheese, black forest ham, roasted garlic balsamic vinaigrette.

E: 35 mins on treadmill

Hope everyone had a great day.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Most Active
Recent Topics