Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday 8/31/17

Cathy H.
on 8/31/17 9:20 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Interview this morning went well, one of the interviewer's even said I did a great job, so we'll see! Could be 2 weeks before I hear anything, so still have other applications in, and I'm hoping for an interview for the job I'd rather have, which is at the college I'm attending...free tuition if I get it!!

QOTD: I'm a lifelong night owl, so I'd have to say my favorite time is sunset. I can't wait until I can find an apartment/duplex with a yard, so I can sit out with a cup of coffee at that time of day and enjoy the evening. Hopefully next year!

B: Plain whole milk yogurt w/Torani SF vanilla syrup, PB2, and Fiber One, coffee w/HC and xylitol.
(Thought I'd save money/get more fat in my diet by switching to plain yogurt and using my own sweetener, etc. Well, all I can say is...yuck! lol Going back to my Dannon L&F 80 tomorrow. I'll just have to add fat another way!)

L: Smoked pulled pork and fresh zucchini

D: Sausage McMuffinless (2 sausage patties, egg, cheese, no muffin)

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Erin T.
on 8/31/17 9:22 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Are you using plain whole fat Greek yogurt? You might not be sweetening it enough? I think it's amazing!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Cathy H.
on 8/31/17 9:31 am
VSG on 10/31/16

No, it was just plain regular whole fat I could get at Aldi. Nobody around here carries the whole fat Fage, and I was trying to cheap out. It also ended up like soup by the time I added the syrup and PB2 lol. I love my Dannon L&F, but I'm trying really hard to cut out any non-Keto things from my diet. I'd been eating it so long, since before Keto, and didn't realize it had both cornstarch and fructose in it...which are keto verboten! And since it is no fat, it makes it harder for me to reach my fat goals every day.

There are other brands and choices at Hellmart and a couple of other stores in town, I may give them a try before I give up entirely! I'd rather use Greek yogurt, but I was afraid it would be even more tart than the regular, and I can only take so much Splenda before it tastes awful to me. I'm going to experiment with my other sweeteners (I use xylitol in my coffee and love it!) and just extracts instead of the Torani syrup. That might work better for me. I'm hyper-sensitive to sweet post-surgery, so it doesn't take much to be too sweet for me. It will be an ongoing experiment, but I sure miss my morning Dannon!! lol

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/31/17 3:44 pm

You can strain regular yogurt to make it like a greek yogurt. Use the strained whey water - it has a lot of good bacteria. You can buy yogurt strainer or use any nylon strainer and line it up with cheese cloth. The longer you strain - the thicker it gets. in 48 yours - you can get "yogurt-cheese" consistency.

I have taht that so many time when I only could get regular full fat yogurt. Then you can ad any flavors.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kristi T.
on 8/31/17 9:35 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I hear you Erin, fall is just a nose dive into winter here as well! I don't know what happened to August!

I was called into work yesterday to help get ready for our annual dragon boat race. Our town hosts them every September. People come from all over the world to race. This year we have 42 teams, which is about 20 rowers in each boat. My goal was to join a team this year, but I couldn't quite do it. Hopefully next year.

QOTD-I like mornings too, that first sip of coffee with the sun coming up is just glorious:-)

B-Greek yogurt w/chia & flax seed mixture

L-Vanilla protein shake with chocolate PB2

S-String cheese

D-Having my uncle over for dinner, will serve Kirkland Lasagna(his favorite)I will have to eat around the noodles, steamed green beans.

E-60 minute walk this morning.

Have a wonderful day!

Fredbear
on 8/31/17 9:58 am, edited 8/31/17 4:05 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Good morning folks, it's another hot one in the desert...

QOTD: I'm a night owl by nature, but old age (and a well-paying job) has me up in the morning during the week before the hellish hour of 7 a.m.

Now that I have my walking schedule where I want it, I have to admit that my favorite time right now is between 5:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, before the sun has risen above the nearby mountain peak... this is when I start my walks. Then when I get home, I shower, and then I have 60 to 90 minutes to myself before my spouse wakes up.

B: vanilla premiere protein shake with zero calorie Torani brown sugar and cinnamon syrup, +160 calories

E1: 40 flights of stairs, -93 calories; 2.9km walk, -218 calories

Bariatric Advantage chocolate peanut butter calcium chew, +15 calories

L: 2 oz spiced up chicken, +67 calories; broccoli slaw, +25 calories; riced cauliflower, +13 calories; shredded carrots, +9 calories; sesame ginger vinaigrette, +35 calories

E2: 34 flights of stairs, -78 calories; 2.75k walk, -212 calories

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

yvonnef1964
on 8/31/17 10:54 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Qotd I'm a night owl, enjoy the night time.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D ribeye steak and a kale salad kit

S chicken breast

Have a wonderful day

Donna L.
on 8/31/17 11:20 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I'm getting ready for the next round of bariatric approvals and general health crap.

M1: 5 oz greek yogurt blended with some avocado.

M2: 4 chicken meatballs

M3: premeire protein shake (30g)

M4: not sure yet. lately I haven't been hungry.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Jeepnyak
on 8/31/17 11:26 am, edited 8/31/17 4:54 am
VSG on 07/03/17

QOTD:10pm. Everybody is in bed, and the house is quiet.

M1- 1 egg, 1 oz smoked pork loin

M2- chicken and veggie stir fry

S- Premier Protein shake

M3- more chicken and veggie stir fry

E- 2 miles of Jog/walk and an OCR class-

obstacle course race i.e. Spartan/ tough mudder

I'm getting 60+ oz of water, but I think I need more, do to activities. I have a bad habit of not drinking any after I get off work.

HW:320 SW:290 GW:190 CW:181

5'11", age 37 M1-28, M2-12, M3-16,

M4-15, M5-16, M6-5

M7-8(100lb goal) M8-4 M9-0

M10-5 M11-3 M12-0

ShirlAus
on 8/31/17 2:13 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning All - Sept 1st here in Aus and the start of Spring. I cant wait for the warmer mornings! We are off to Launceston, Tasmania tommorrow overnight. Hubby organised it for our wedding anniversary. Will be lovely - so looking forward to it. Better night with Hubby only getting up twice so I have finally started to catch up on some sleep. So glad he is healing.

QOTD: Definately mornings. I automatically wake at 5am (body clock) and love the peace & quiet that time of the morning brings. My favourite is when we have slept at our block and I can sit with a cuppa and watch the sunrise. Its stunning

B: 3 Mini Quiche Bites

S: Babybel Cheese

L: Meat Sauce - leftovers from last night (yum)

D: TBD - Kids might be coming for tea before we go away

Have a wonderful weekend all

Shirley

Most Active
Recent Topics