Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 8/30/17

Erin T.
on 8/30/17 3:20 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! Looks like it's a cold morning, only about 45 degrees today. I was hoping to get to ride my bike to work a few times more but there's no way if it's this cold! Looks like it's supposed to rain most of next week too. Today is my last day with my trainer. I got my TRX suspension system in the mail last night, so I'll be using that in addition to getting to the University gym as needed.

My friend's mom is living with us for awhile. She had RNY 3 years ago. I'm really appreciating having someone else in the house that eats the way I do! On Saturday, the kids are planning friends and pizza and I bought some flax meal pitas and we're going to try out "pizza" with those.

QOTD: What's your favorite thing about having had WLS? Mine is the giant boost of self-confidence I was given about my body. I used to constantly worry about how my clothes looked, how I compared to other people, was I the biggest person there, was I going to be able to physically accomplish what was asked of me, etc. Now, I just know that I can tell my body to do something and it does it. I can order clothes online and they show up and fit. There is a sense of peace associated with not constantly thinking about how fat you are!

7 months post-op\Maintenance\138.4lbs

M1: Premier Protein, Miralax, and HC with Coffee

M2: Fage Total w/ SF Pudding, Blueberries, and Flaked Coconut

M3: Shrimp Tacos (no tortilla or chips)

M4: Turkey Sausage Link w/ Broccoli

E: Upper body with my trainer!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

yvonnef1964
on 8/30/17 6:08 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I'm up early since I had to take my friend to an appointment at 8.

Qotd that I can walk and move freely, do like bringing groceries and taking trash out now, more self confidence, I don't let people walk over me now.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D vegetable beef soup and pineapple tidbits

S emiepie egg salad and pineapple tidbits

Have a wonderful day

lauraellen80
on 8/30/17 6:08 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Good morning! I haven't done great, eating-wise, over the past few days. It's that time of the month, and the cravings won out a few times. But I did get in a lot of exercise last weekend--we went to a ballgame, and I got a lot of steps trekking around the stadium, and then I spent most of Sunday doing yard work.

QOTD: Feeling "normal" around other people and not having to worry that they are disgusted by me.

B: Coffee w/ 2% Fairlife milk and SF Torani syrup on the way to work; then Siggi's vanilla yogurt

S: Quest bar

L: 1 oz. turkey pepperoni; 1 oz. Parmesan cheese; 1 oz. roasted chickpeas

S: 1.5 oz. mixed nuts, 1 light Babybel cheese, 1/3 c. canteloupe

D: Chili w/ 1 oz shredded colby-jack and 2 tb. crunchy tortilla strips

S: Another Quest bar

lauraellen80
on 8/30/17 6:30 am
VSG on 06/15/15

Oh, also add sugar-free chair tea made w/ fat-free Fairlife. It's that time of year!

SallyCat
on 8/30/17 6:35 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Good morning everybody. Hope all are doing well. Down a pound today. I'll be excited to get into the 160s. Of course now that I've said that it will probably be another month!

QOTD: My favorite thing would have to be the freedom of movement. I'm not in pain with every step I take. I'm not hobbled when I go to the car at the end of the day. Going up three flights of stairs to my apt with groceries is no longer an ordeal. I don't have to push off on the edge of the sofa or chair when I stand up. Sliding into a booth or sitting at a high top table no longer brings anxiety. I don't have to scope out the seating situation when I enter a room. Freedom.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: chicken and salad

D: turkey tacos or maybe leftover chicken

S: turkey jerky

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

MissNexxie
on 8/30/17 6:40 am
VSG on 04/30/14

Morning all,

Been lurking around lately reading all the awesome posts but since PMS is raging I've been too lazy to use my fingers to type. Talk about being inert! LoL! Looks like its going to be a very toasty day here so out for an early walk then getting my haircut. Going on a mini vacation to sin city with my cousins on Saturday so busy packing, etc.

QOTD: So many favorite things...fitting into an airplane seat is a biggie and was one of my first A-HA moments about 6 mos post-op. I think for me, fitting into small spaces is one of my favorite things: airplane seats, auditorium seats, restaurant chairs with arm rests, dodging between tables at a restaurant or dodging people in crowds, waiting rooms, etc. Even slipping through a closing door without whacking myself - so cool! Oh, another favorite is the decrease in my osteo-arthritis attacks - the days when I'd throw my back out and be bedridden until it stopped siezing. I can pick weeds now! Yes, weird. I think I only have 2-3 bad episodes per year instead of monthly. Love that!

B: coffee with cream/sugar, HB egg, can flavored tuna

S: 2 cheese strings, Mcdonald's coffee w/ milk& splenda

L: homemade protein shake

S: swiss cheese slice, maybe HB egg

D: not sure...tomatoes, fresh veggies, maybe some roasted chicken

E: brisk walk this morning

L: 2L water, coffee, herbal tea

Have a great day, everyone!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Gwen M.
on 8/30/17 8:54 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm so sorry about the PMS! I hope you have a great time in sin city, though. What do you do there? When I went last time it was pre-op and I indulged in my favorite sin - gluttony. So I wonder what I'd do there now?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MissNexxie
on 8/30/17 3:58 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

I definitely walk a lot in Vegas and enjoy it and find my stamina is pretty good. In the old days I barely left the hotel because getting around was difficult and HOT. I just love walking up and down the strip. And I take stairs instead of escalators whenever available. It's empowering for me. I do still indulge in foods that I don't/won't eat at home but try to be more mindful. I usually get at least 20,000 steps in per day so that helps. In addition to walking the strip I hit the hotel fitness center for 30-45 mins on the treadmill, usually around 7 AM. Even if I only went to bed at 3 AM.

I am a gambler but now also enjoy going to the pool, walking to the different properties, spa treatments, definitely shopping and always get in at least 2 shows and 2 nice dinners per trip. This trip is Bruno Mars and I am so excited!!!

An awesome thing I've started doing since about 6 mos post-op is partaking in a 5K or 10K road race (sometimes 2) in the non-summer months. I've done the Rock N Roll Marathon 10K, Hot chocolate 5K x2 , Color Run, Strip on the Strip (its about clothing donations, luckily, not the other thing), Big Game 5K, Super Run, Autism Run, etc.

I mostly power walk these races but do some jogging in there as well - achilles tendonitis prevents actual running. For me its something that was not even on my radar in the old days. Getting up early? Fitness? Nah! Now, as much as I can and do still partake in all the sinfulness (gambling, eating, even the rare alcoholic drink - I'm not much of a drinker) I also do one of these races as a tribute to my newfound abilities. Balance the debauchery, if you will. I even got my 83 year old mom to do a couple of them with me and my cousins participate as well.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Fredbear
on 8/30/17 7:38 am, edited 8/30/17 12:38 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Busy day today... eye appointment this morning, followed by cat appointment at the vet, and five hours of rehearsal tonight. Good thing my work is done for the month.

QOTD: No longer taking any medications. No longer feeling like crap because of the medications. No longer spending $4,500 a year on medications.

B: protein shake

L: leftover chicken/hummus

S: protein shake

D: probably Chipotle on the way to rehearsal

E: not sure I have time today, will try to walk this afternoon in the 110º heat...

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 8/30/17 8:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

What are you rehearsing for?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics