Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 8/28/17

Erin T.
on 8/28/17 3:13 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Happy Monday! Today is the day the semester starts, so life will be super crazy for the next couple of weeks. It's also supposed to be my last day with my trainer, but I saw he wasn't feeling well over the weekend so we'll see if he has to cancel. On top of that, I've officially applied for a new position and will be waiting to hear about that too!

Yesterday, I went up to see my father where he was camping again and his friend who had VSG was there. I can see why my father was so concerned for me. He just looks terribly unwell. He's gray, doesn't have much to say/talk about, and he doesn't seem to have any interest in eating (and therefore doesn't). He's a lot older than me, started out SMO, and had a lot of pre-existing issues and then had complications post-op. But, I can see where my father would have some concern if he can't help but compare us.

QOTD: What bad habit do you wish would just magically disappear? I have an addictive personality. I recognize that and always have. My father, two uncles, and grandfather are/where alcoholics. I've never drunk more than very occasionally (and not at all since surgery), and I've always stayed clear of drugs. I smoked for years, but quit 3 years ago. After I quit smoking I turned to Diet Coke (and I'm sure food too). Post-op I chew way too much gum. I wish I didn't feel the need to always have something to be "addicted" to. My brother says it's the same way for him as well.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\138.7lbs

M1: Premier Protein w/ Coffee, Miralax, and HC

M2: Fage Total Classic, SF Pudding Mix, Blueberries & Sunflower Seeds

M3: Chicken Breast and Avocado

M4: Keta Salmon and Tomato

E: Upper body with my trainer, if he's feeling well enough

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/17 4:33 am, edited 8/27/17 9:33 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

QOTD: I wish I could just always do what I know will make me healthiest and happiest. I find it so frustrating that I KNOW how to eat to live the best version of my life but often choose not to eat that way.

B: coffee and PP, yogurt

L: pesto chicken salad?

D: ground beef

S: quest bar

Erin T.
on 8/28/17 5:33 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Oh, wouldn't it be fantastic to do what was best for us all the time! I hate fighting my brain all the way. "I don't want to go to the gym today. But, I need to. But, maybe I could skip? No! Go to the damn gym!"

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

jachristmas
on 8/28/17 5:45 am
VSG on 12/14/16

What a busy weekend! We are almost finished with our shop and really pushing hard because deer season starts Friday and we are opening the doors. It's all coming together and we are so excited. This has been a crazy summer of long nights and weekends working, and lots of sweat for sure to get it all done in time.

QOTD..I wish I could stop over doing and overthinking..I try TOO hard sometimes. I wear myself out often, physically and mentally, trying to go above an beyond. It's great to take pride in your work and all but I have a tendency to go a little overboard at times.

B premier caramel in decaf coffee

S Greek yogurt

L all this tropical stuff has brought us rain and cooler temps. so I am going to make some chili today and that will give me a lunch plan all week

D took a roast out of the freezer that needed to be cooked..with carrots for me and potatoes for the guys.

Vitamins and water good. Loving the cooler air so definitely getting a walk outside today!

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

CC C.
on 8/28/17 6:41 am

Today is a busy day. I have family coming to visit tomorrow and have a lot of cleaning and shopping to do.

QOTD: I'm too bossy and messy. Both habits I would love to abandon!

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - pork tenderloin

S - beef jerky

Fredbear
on 8/28/17 7:34 am, edited 8/28/17 3:21 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Working from home today while waiting for a plumber.

QOTD: I'm definitely too bossy (usually related to waiting for stupid people to get off their asses and get moving/doing).

B: protein shake

L: stir fry tofu

S: protein shake

D: greek salad and the guts of a chicken shwarma lavash wrap

E: rest day

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

NateH
on 8/28/17 8:07 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Happy Monday!

B: Nuzest Vanilla clean lean protein powder with 10 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk

L: 4 oz chicken breast and nibble of gruyere cheese

D: 4 oz ground beef scrambled with some melted swiss

S: a handful of almonds

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

Rachel B.
on 8/28/17 9:54 am, edited 8/28/17 2:56 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Opened up my work folder this morning to find I have no evaluations today. I usually have 3. Instead it's all follow ups, which means for those 3, one hour appointments, I now have 9 20minute appointments! Be careful what you wish for...

QOTD: Addiction. I have it, period. Alcohol, food... buying new clothes, new things. I would be a relatively well financed woman if every penny didn't burn a hole in my pocket.

AM: 2 cups of coffee

B: 2 mini-scones(gotta get them gone)

L: Mozz stick wrapped in Roast Beef

S: HB egg

E: treadmill & legs

S: Van PP

D: Chicken Thigh with something

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Cathy H.
on 8/28/17 10:48 am
VSG on 10/31/16

QOTD: I actually have two--I wish I was as organized and efficient at home as I am at work, and I wish I were not such a procrastinator. The latter is one of my worst traits and the thing I most dislike about myself. I'm improved, but I have a long way to go.

Well, my online classes started at midnight, and I got my first 2 of 6 assignments for this week done before 1am! That was the easy part! Job interview this morning...ugh, I DO NOT want that job! I hate when they don't put enough information in the ad to let you know what the job REALLY entails. So, the search is still on for a job. I have an application in for one I really, really want. I sure hope I get an interview.

Still having the water retention issue, but I think it may be from being so much less active since I'm not working. Need to remedy that, it's too easy to be lazy. Couldn't sleep, ended up eating at about 5am, so switched around my meals today.

B: Smoked pulled pork and Swirls cheese sticks

L: Dannon L&F 80 w/Fiber One, coffee w/HC and xylitol

D: Roast beef with homemade horseradish sauce, fresh zucchini

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Gwen M.
on 8/28/17 11:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

When I'm not typing, my fingers are crossed for you with the new job :D

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's friend and that definitely makes his concerns for you make more sense. Maybe him seeing the two of you together will help ease some of those concerns? Since he'll see how much better you're doing in direct in-person comparison?

QOTD: I wish that the filter between my mind and mouth/fingers was stronger. I wish that I was better at just shutting up sometimes.

1: protein shake
2: I actually have no idea. And it's 2pm already. Command decision - hardboiled egg with cottage cheese.
3: I actually meal planned for dinners this week, yay! But then today has not gone as planned, boo! So when I asked Lance for something that would be easy to make -and- generate leftovers, he suggested hash. I had sort of been thinking about hash! So I'll do that. It's easy, easy to make in large quantities, and we all love it. Plus fried eggs! Yum.

liquid and vites: on track OR ELSE
exercise: if only grocery shopping counted.. Lance might force me to take a walk tonight which would be good.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics