Newbie from the UK

FeeBee
on 8/28/17 12:46 pm
VSG on 12/05/16

Absolutely. I'm getting good at figuring out how to adapt things I come across that grab my imagination. Often it's really straightforward stuff that just never occurred to me before :)

Start weight 18:10......... Current weight 10:10...........Goal weight 10 stone!

Sleeved on May 12 2016

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/17 8:41 pm
On August 26, 2017 at 10:57 AM Pacific Time, FeeBee wrote:

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to say hi but I'm sure I'll get moved if I've posted in the wrong place.

I'm Fee, I was sleeved in May last year on the NHS in the UK after a lifetime of problems with my weight and eating disorders in the past. I'm 10lbs off my ultimate goal and have been stalling for a few months now at about 10.7/ 147 and then put on 3lb after a bad fall that really curtailed my usual daily workouts at home,walking a lot and weekly aqua aerobics and zumba classes so I am trying to get back to it now.

I'm disabled in various ways (variety is the spice of life right?!) I can't easily cook for myself and also can't eat gluten all of which means I rely more on protein bars than I'd like. I've recently cracked making overnight oats each night with gluten free oats, chai seeds,yogurt,almond milk and fruit which has helped my digestive system work much more predictably :D

I'm trying to crack more easy to make and prepare in advance lunch type meals since if I do it the day before I'm much more likely to eat it rather than grab another bar so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Plus only 3 people know I've had surgery so having somewhere to talk about dealing with life after WLS would be fantastic. When weight was dropping off week after week it seemed a lot easier but now the really hard work starts. I want to make the most of this opportunity I've been given.

Next year I need to have a hysterectomy. I've out it off till then because of work and I want to be in the best possible shape and at my goal weight so I can cope with around 6 weeks of being laid up and not able to exercise. I need a smaller op before the end of the year too but recovery should be a couple of weeks max. It's so great going for pre ops and my BMI is normal, my bloody pressure and resting heart rate are good and all my blood tests come back as 'excellent'! It makes such a change and I don't want to go back to how it used to be.

Anyway that's me and I look forward to chatting :)

Welcome, from UK also :) What is your plan like?

FeeBee
on 9/1/17 12:56 am
VSG on 12/05/16

My plan is basically eat protein first and drink plenty of fluids. I'm trying to narrow it down so it works better for myself :)

Start weight 18:10......... Current weight 10:10...........Goal weight 10 stone!

Sleeved on May 12 2016

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/17 8:24 am

Good idea :)

Most Active
Recent Topics