Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 8/25/17

Erin T.
on 8/25/17 3:26 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Good morning! Today is the day when students move back in and the organized chaos begins. Sadly, I have to work tomorrow too so Friday doesn't mean much this week.

I had lunch with my aunt yesterday and she told me I'm too thin (in a very concerned voice). I told her I was well within normal BMI and body fat percentages but her answer was "Well sometimes, I just don't believe those things". She hasn't seen me, except in pictures, in 90lbs! Of course, I look thin!

QOTD: If you were running out of your house in a fire, and all your family, pets, and sentimental items were already safe, what would you grab on your way out? I think my answer would be my MacBook, my Ninja Coffee Bar, and my giant fuzzy bathrobe (that was giant before I had WLS, so it's hilariously giant now!). Oh, and this counts as a sentimental item but my 8-year old has a "blankie" and I've always kept in the back of my mind that if we had a fire that would be the one item that would be a huge loss my heart because she loves that thing even to this day.

7 months post-op\Maintenance\139.5 this morning

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, HC, and Miralax

M2: Fage Total Classic w/ SF Pudding Mix, 1/4 cup blueberries, and 1 TBSP Sunflower Seeds

M3: Chicken Breast and Avocado (with a handful of popcorn)

M4: Grilled Salmon

E: Recovery from leg day, and I don't think with move in I'll get to walk. I did glute bridges yesterday with 155lbs on my pelvis and I could have done more. RAWR!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

SallyCat
on 8/25/17 6:02 am
VSG on 10/17/16

Erin, I have had a lot going on so may not have noticed, but is this the first time you have been in the 130s? Whoo hoo! I'm down two more lbs today.

I have had the concerned questions too. So annoying. Yesterday a very overweight man that delivers our mail at work screamed out in front of a bunch of strangers, "Whoa, how much weight have you lost?" I was mortified. I wish I'd said 500 lbs but I just said "a lot". I need to come up with some better answers. But I have heard the "wasting away" comment this week, along with "too skinny". I am still overweight.

QOTD: Hmmm. Loved ones and sentimental things safe.... I'm good. I don't have much after getting rid of extras when I moved. Maybe my kindle. Gosh I'm boring.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: chicken and broccoli

D: tbd

S. the turkey jerky I didn't eat yesterday

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

NateH
on 8/25/17 6:14 am
VSG on 09/26/14

Happy Friday!

B: Vanilla Nuzest Protein Powder with 10 oz. almond milk (vanilla/unsweetened)

L: 4 oz. shrimp w/tbsp hummus

D: 4 oz. ribeye

S: Not sure, some almonds probably

HW: 450
SW: 428 9/26/14
Reached 'normal' BMI (24.9) with a weight of 199.9: 2/5/2016

CC C.
on 8/25/17 6:44 am

Good morning all! Well yesterday I finally took two garbage bags of too big clothes, some never worn to Goodwill. It surprised me how hard it was. It brought up all my fears of failing at WLS too, failing at maintenance and ending up needing all of those clothes again. When I left the store drop-off, my first instinct was that I wanted to eat. How self-defeating is that? I didn't (I got a bottled water) but it wasn't a liberating experience, it was a scary one.

I tried to explain it to my dad and his wife and they just said I wouldn't need any of those things again because I wasn't going to regain. A positive thought, but their dismissing of my fears made it feel like there would be two more people who I would disappoint if I failed. Argh. This would be a good time for my CA therapist who I won't see until next month!

QOTD: If we're not talking sentimental stuff like my mom's jewelry or the quilts my grandma made, I'd probably go practical and grab my purse, phone, iPad, and important papers. If we're talking strictly fun stuff, I'd get my pillow because it took forever for me to find one I like and Fergus's favorite dog toys.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - egg salad

D - not sure. Going to the neighbor's for dinner

S - beef jerky

Rachel B.
on 8/25/17 8:23 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I know your feelings, Cecily. I have TONS of very expensive clothes I need to take somewhere. I want to find a place here for women who have nothing. Maybe I'll find a battered womens shelter.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Kristi T.
on 8/25/17 9:08 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm sorry that wasn't a pleasant experience for you Cecily. It's so easy for our old instincts to come back when feelings become too uncomfortable. If you need to, I bet your CA therapist would love to get a phone call from you:-) Our father's are very similar, that's is something he would say(he doesn't even know I've lost any weight or had any WLS...he lives in another state) Congrats on going for the bottled water by the way!

yvonnef1964
on 8/25/17 6:49 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I feel better today. I have a appt with the behaviorist from my bariatric center for my binge eating. Hope it helps.

QOTD I would grab my phone, ipad and lamps that my grandmother gave me.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and watermelon

D pork loin and green beans

S emiepie egg salad and watermelon.

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 8/25/17 9:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm glad you are feeling better and hope the appointment goes well!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/17 7:03 am, edited 8/25/17 12:04 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I'm trying to not let today's scale drama effect my mood too much. The only thing I know for sure is that I've lost 20lbs in the last two months - but I don't know if I lost most of that in month 4 and almost nothing in month 5 or if it was evenly distributed. I'm disappointed in my rate of loss and reinvigorated to stick to my plan.

QOTD: aside from my purse definitely my husbands espresso machine!

B: 3oz scrambled eggs with dill and cheddar

L: 3oz pesto chicken salad

D: 3oz chicken meatballs

S: quest bar

Thankful for chickens today!

Erin T.
on 8/25/17 7:19 am
VSG on 01/17/17

So was your manual scale or the industrial scale correct?

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
Recent Topics