Feeling hungry-food funeral?

mde112
on 8/24/17 6:07 pm
VSG on 10/13/17

You are not alone! I had already been trying to make healthier choices in looking into having wls, but have been so hungry! Now that I was approved for my VSG in October, I immediately thought of eating all the non-nutritious food I crave. I know it will just set me back more from my goals, and I will wake up feeling like I failed again and hate myself for losing control. We can do this!

Shannon S.
on 9/3/17 5:09 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Exactly! My nut warned me these feelings would start to come as I get closer. Wise lady she is. However I'm doing better. No more weightloss yet, but haven't gained either.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/26/17 4:33 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Valerie makes some great points. I do what she does so I don't feel deprived. I allow small portions of things like desserts once in a while, but ONLY after I have my protein and veggies. This is where the "tool" kicks in because at that point I can only fit a bite or two, but I feel very satisfied (and not deprived).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Shannon S.
on 9/3/17 5:10 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Great tip! Good to know I can still bite a goodie on occasion!

diane S.
on 8/29/17 10:37 am

Well don't go wild but I don't think its so terrible to have a nice dinner or two and then be done with it. I wanted a nice prime rib dinner and did that a couple of months before surgery. But you might as well start forming better eating habits now and eat healthier and don't binge on sugar or whatever your issue is. You are right that you have to "let go" of food as your buddy. I had maybe an easier time of this since I had surgery at age 58 and had plenty of fine food memories and felt ready to move on. You can start to think in these terms too. GL Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Shannon S.
on 9/3/17 5:13 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks for the advice! I have a sweet tooth. Luckily I'm not a diabetic. Trying to keep the sweets out of the house because I know those are a big no-no, at least st first. Thanks for sharing!

Most Active
Recent Topics