Feeling hungry-food funeral?

Shannon S.
on 8/24/17 3:47 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Well don't feel bad! My mother gained on her pre-op as well (she had RNY), however she has lost all her weight and kept it off for a decade.

I totally have to shrink shrink my liver though! Dr said so! Must comply!

FluffyChix
on 8/24/17 6:13 am

Come on girlie! You can do this! We all hate GHDWL! (Ground Hog Day Weight Loss=gaining/losing/gaining/losing the same weight over and over every day.)

This is your BIG chance for a permanent do-over/re-set. One low carb doc, Stephen Phinney, author of the Art & Science of Low Carb Living and other books estimates that every time we deviate and "cheat," it sets us back metabolically about 3 weeks from becoming adapted to burning fat for fuel. Holy crap Batman! That's terrible! Right? Just that statistic alone keeps me walking the straight and narrow--but being a hairy sinner, I totally "get" it. It's HARD. But you can do it...we can do it!

FluffyChix
on 8/24/17 6:14 am

Oh and congrats on the approval!

Shannon S.
on 8/24/17 3:50 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Thanks so much!

mde112
on 8/24/17 6:17 pm
VSG on 10/13/17

Yes, congrats!

Shannon S.
on 8/24/17 3:50 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

That seems accurate since it is so hard to get back on track after cheating for even a few day period. The momentum gets lost. This is why I came to such a positive place to gain inspiration. Thank you for your support!

Shannon S.
on 9/3/17 5:06 pm
VSG on 11/07/17
Valerie G.
on 8/24/17 7:58 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I had several last hoorah's with no apologies.

The good news is that there is no need for a funeral. It's just a hiatus for a while. The sleeve won't prevent you from eating anything. You just operate self-control for a while and find your balance as you approach goal.

When I got my appetite for yummy things again (this was - 6-9 mos post op), I had a strategy to not deprive myself, for deprivation is my falling. I started eating food in order instead of a bite of this and a bite of that. I would eat all of my protein first, then some veggies. I always saved back a bite or two for whatever I wanted, be it a little bread, rice, pasta, or gasp chocolate cake. I only had a couple of bites left for capacity, so I was full and that wonderful flavor was the last thing in my mouth. I never felt deprived and it was physically impossible for me to overdo it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Shannon S.
on 8/24/17 3:54 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

This is my last chance to get this weight off. I will get this under control! It's nice to know not all is lost. Thank you for your response

mde112
on 8/24/17 6:21 pm
VSG on 10/13/17

That is a GREAT way to look at it! Not as a funeral....but a new birth! Here's to not having to say goodbye to our favorite pleasures, but put them last instead of first or the entire meal!

Most Active
Recent Topics