Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 8/23/17

CC C.
on 8/23/17 6:43 am

Scale movement finally! So funny that everytime I go several days with no scale change I'm sure it will never move downward again. Brains are so self-defeating sometimes.

QOTD: Hmmm. I'm afraid I'm not a very surprising person...

B - coffee and yogurt

L - real good pizza

D - chicken fajitas

Erin T.
on 8/23/17 7:52 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Wait until you're in maintenance and your brain still wants it to go down, even though your goal is for it NOT to go down. So hard to deal with mentally!

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/17 10:09 am
VSG on 03/28/17

I truly can not imagine not wanting the scale to go down!!!

Erin T.
on 8/23/17 10:12 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I think that's why people fail. We're so used to up or down and no in-between. It's scary!

CC C.
on 8/23/17 11:13 am

That's my whole life summed up - gaining or losing, never staying the same. That part scares me to bits.

Erin T.
on 8/23/17 11:22 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Maintenance is hard and I'm so early into it. I am really struggling with the balance of:

• Acknowledging that I can't eat very much at a time at 7 months out
  • Balancing the whole "only protein" mentality of loss, but knowing I can't do that with maintaining and not eat every hour
  • Getting my calories from nutrient rich foods that won't make me crave
  • But, also getting enough calories to maintain

Today I'm getting 123g of protein, but only 1,000 calories. That's awesome for loss ratios and I'm totally satisfied and don't want to eat more. BUT, that's below my calorie goal. I considerably increased my fat intake to make my calories but then my poor stomach revolted on me. So, I reverted to protein for now and I'll slowly add fat so I don't end up with those issues I hope.

I've also struggled with wanting to keep carbs low but ending up with quite a few from ancillary things like nuts, seeds, avocado, etc.

It's like a science experiment every day!

Theduffman27
on 8/23/17 6:45 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning menu crew. I had a busy day as well. Someone in the local area dug through the lines and disrupted internet/phone access for about 3 hours yesterday. I took the time to work on planning my trip to China in November, I need to go for 10-12 days and am nervous and excited at the same time.

QOTD - I used to sing in several rock bands. I get requests to sing when at weddings and always surprises people when I do. I went to a wedding last friday and some of my new co-workers were there and were quite surprised. I miss it, but ( Bars are not the place I want to be at this point in my life)

2.9 years post op/ Maintenance.

B - pure protein bar

S - Caramel apple pie greek

L - Chili ( I am eating the last serving today...LOL)

S- buddig meat

D - Fresh grilled burger with american cheese, homemade zucchini relish and seasoned with everything but the bagel spice!

E - Gym night - cardio and legs...

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Rachel B.
on 8/23/17 7:17 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

How much of the wall do you plan to hike???!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Theduffman27
on 8/23/17 10:40 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I have to admit it would be incredible! I hope I get to see it!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Rachel B.
on 8/23/17 7:16 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I've been up since 4am-yea me. Had to take the 'rents to the airport. Ends up a family friend is taking Ernesto the Pesto, so I won't have a third, and larger, dog who prefers to sleep under the covers in my queen sized bed. No exercise yesterday, but I did wrap my fathers queen sized mattress and help deconstruct the custom made base with 6 huge drawers and move it all into a trailer to be taken back to the 'rents house.

Off topic: I just saw that the USS Indianapolis was found and saw the video on-line this morning. It's always been of interest to me because I was born in Indy and am a Hoosier by birth. It played a pivitol role in the horrific end of WWII, and it had such a horrific, tragic, and some may say karmic, end. I'll never forget all the stories of the sharks and their unfortunate victims. They interviewed a survivor on the news story, CBS This Morning. He was younger than my Grammy. He was happy it was found. Amazing how such a thing can make your heart swell with gratitude and grief at the same time. I remember when the Titanic was found.

Another off topic: There was a post a while ago about sizes of food and dishes. I decided to buy smaller dishes for myself, to help keep myself on track for the forseen future. They arrived yesterday. After I bought them, I jokingly felt I had bought a kiddie tea set. Well... Here's a pick of what I am packing away, next to what arrived yesterday. I bought blue because the color is actually supposed to be appetite suppressing.
The 'after dinner cup, 3.5oz' is in the 'small squar 4-3/4" bowl' on the 6-1/2" plate and next to a 9oz ramekin that I bought to be a little larger bowl! The small black and white plate I have been using consistantly for years is 7-1/2" I think...

QOTD: ok... I don't think there is much about me that would surprise many. I think ya'll pretty much know I'm pretty unpredictable. I have a degree in broadcast communications that I got straight out of high school and worked in TV for 10 years prior to going back to school to become a nurse. I only became a nurse because I am too intimidated to do math, and lazy to go through all the crap to go to med school, or I'd be an M.E. or forensic pathologist right now. After getting my Bachelors in Nursing and deciding to go back to school to get my Masters, I juggled again the possibility of taking some classes at the UofA in Anthropology and applying to the University of Tennessee's Anthropology program to study at the Body Farm, or get straight into the Masters of Nursing at Vanderbilt. Once again, I took the easy way and dismissed the path to my childhood passion. Since I was a child, I have always had a natural calling to Egyptology, Quincy, and Forensic Death Investigation. I have taken classes, electively, at the UofA to read hieroglyphics, and my back is a work in progress of an Egyptian Stele... I will be identifiable if found dead... I figure I probably have one more career ahead of me. If I want to give up and go back to college, theres only one place left to go. Also, being from Indy, I love to race and I have a '92 Plymouth Laser AWD Turbo that I have boosted and love to run-especially in the cold weather!!!

TMI!

AM: Getting that perfect coffee - 4 shots espresso, torani SF white chocolate and SF Hazelnut syrups with 200mL hot milk/foam - YUM! - using fairlife and getting about 300 to 400 mL per day

B: 1/3 Starbucks cranberry orange scone

S: Red Grapefruit (small bowl holds about 150g comfortably)

L: Chicken breast, cottage cheese, hummus (don't know what this will fit in yet)

S: Van PP

D: Cuban Pork

E: Treadmill or Elliptical and abs

Water & Vites

GOT TO GO TO COSTCO! Get more of that wonderful Cuban pork stuff (good protein count and flavor)

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Recent Topics