Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 8/21/17

Fredbear
on 8/21/17 7:54 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Good morning! Should be a very dull workday... I'm basically done with my work for the month!

Up on the scale as expected today, after 26k this weekend combined... a little sore.

QOTD: None. I don'****ch TV; I can't see the appeal of the idiot box when there are literally millions of other ways to spend my time and interest that don't require me to be spoon-fed poorly written schlock.

B: protein shake

L: 2 oz spiced up chicken with broccoli slaw and wasabi dijon vinaigrette

S: protein shake

D: ???

E: at least a 5k walk and at least 140 flights of stairs.

Need to hit TJ's tonight and pick up veggies and other tasty healthy foods.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Rachel B.
on 8/21/17 8:13 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Weekend was up and down.

QOTD: I rarely watch TV now. Nothing on between seasons that I want to watch. I get caught up in something on Netflix once in a while. I saw Marvel's Defenders came up, so since I had already watched Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, I started watching DareDevil yesterday. I was caught up in watching until 2200 last night. Then I gotta watch Iron Fist before watching Defenders. Sucks that Agents of Shield won't be out until January... Meanwhile, I'm listening to The Bone Collector...

AM: cafe

S: HB Egg

L: Chicken Breast, cottage cheese, hummus

S: Van PP

D: Roasted Cuban Pork chile stuff I picked up at Costco

E: Arm torture, Treadmill or elliptical

Water & Vites

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Gwen M.
on 8/21/17 8:39 am, edited 8/21/17 11:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Today is a bad day for me. I was up in the middle of the night with a cough that would not stop and finally broke down and took some tylenol with codeine. Ugh. I've also been randomly tearing up all morning since today would be my parents' 52nd anniversary. So I'm going to spend the day doing not much of anything and feeling sorry for myself.

QOTD: There is too much good TV these days and not enough time. At the moment I'm watching Game of Thrones, Preacher, and Halt and Catch Fire with Lance. Art and I are watching Sense8. We're all watching Sleepy Hollow. (There are more things on the DVR, but that's what we're working through now.) I've got season 2 of The Magicians on the DVR and I'm considering watching it this week.

1: protein shake
2: I dunno. I haven't really looked in the fridge in a few days. -- leftover quiche
3: Whatever the guys provide. Last night I really wanted a salad so they got Panera and I had a chicken caesar salad. -- leftover chicken curry!

liquid and vites: on track! I finally set up my vites so I can take them reliably again.
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 8/21/17 11:59 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

I LOVE Sleepy Hollow. Not as much as I LOVED GRIMM Why do they always have to cancel the good stuff. It had so much more potential...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

Gwen M.
on 8/21/17 12:38 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

We haven't started watching the last season of Grimm yet. Like I said... we're really far behind on TV :P I love that show too, though :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 8/21/17 1:31 pm

I loved Grimm! I'm SO SAD it's over!

Rachel B.
on 8/21/17 2:31 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

My mother read me the real Grimms fairy tales as a little one, so the show was like a dream come true! I LOVED IT! I actually had planned to cos-play a Mauvais Dentes...

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

sgg1002
on 8/21/17 9:32 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hi everyone! Where did that weekend go? Got to at least go see "The Glass Castle" with a couple of girlfriends yesterday. Was a good show, a bit tough to sit through if you had an alcoholic upbringing, but great performances by Woody Harrelson, Brie Larson and Naomi Watts.

QOTD: This is Us, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy. I'd like to get more into Netflix since I think we waste that $10 a month with neither of us watching it much. Suggestions?

B: Chocolate Premier and Coffee

S: popcorn

L: deli ham and sliced swiss

S: small side salad with diced egg

D: chicken meatballs

Water and vites in. No walking today since I am manning the operator position and have no back up for breaks and lunches. They are shutting down the phones for an hour though from 12:30pm to 1:30pm so we can go out of the caves and watch the Eclipse. yay!

Kristi T.
on 8/21/17 10:21 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

There is a lot of good ones! Like Cecily mentioned above, the British ones are so good. I like Doc Martin, Call the Midwife, Last Tango in Halifax and Dr. Foster. I just finished The Ozarks with Jason Bateman(very good!) and am waiting for the return of Love, The Crown and Better Call Saul(prequel to Breaking Bad series). Yes, I admit it, I like T.V.:-) I forgot to mention my favorite series that just ended, Bloodline(3 seasons).

CC C.
on 8/21/17 11:57 am

I looooove Call the Midwife! I think I cry every episode either happy or sad tears...

Most Active
Recent Topics