Bmi too low..... gaining to qualify??

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 5:31 pm

There you go making things worst! No one asked you to stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Your not getting paid for your response on here mind your business this site is for anyone who wants to use it . And let's just make this clear if i don't meet the insurance requirements I just self pay to get the procedure unlike some of you trolls I have a back up plan and something to fall back on but I would rather save my money and go through my insurance. But don't let that bother u, if you don't like my post block me or don't read it it's as simple as that . Period!! ... if it don't apply, don't reply !!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/21/17 5:29 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I understand that you're frustrated & maybe just getting a little snappy. It's ok that you're feeling mad & that you want the surgery & you're so close to qualifying. Just keep in mind that you asked a question that was relevant to you & part of it was answered.

Since you're so close do you have a list of the comorbidity that the ins requires for you to qualify at 35 rather than 40? Did you get tested for any of them? You might qualify a different way. Also are you female? I know whenever its my tom, I can gain 5lbs easy, add in foods like salami or salty foods that makes you retain water & now its another 3. At least now when they weigh you it'll be at your highest weight & you won't have to put yourself in a place where you might commit ins fraud. It's a road you don't want to go down.

Get your policy in writing & don't depend too much on the rep on the phone. They can say 1 thing on the phone & be totally wrong. You don't want to end up on the table & go home to a big bill.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 5:37 pm

Thank you so much I really appreciate that. That's really all I wanted to do was get answers from other people who have been there before , I obviously posted to get answers and everyone replied with everything except the answers to what I asked. I have a sleep study test on August 28, if I do have sleep apnea I will qualify for sure, with that condition I'm only required to have a bmi of 35 or higher and in currently 39.5 , and I've talked to my insurance and I have a copy in writing, my main thing was the bmi not the insurance.

NHPOD9
on 8/21/17 8:03 pm
On August 22, 2017 at 12:05 AM Pacific Time, Acm1991 wrote:

Thank you, but that question concerning the wait time to reapply or qualify wasn't even the main issue or reason for the post. The post was about BMI , therefore all unrelated topics and comments are irrelevant!

But you asked the question, so why are you getting snippy that people responded to it? How can it be unrelated when you asked it?

I'm not quite sure where your disconnect is. Bottom line, the questions you have posed can not be answered by us, as either they are specific to your insurance policy or are related to insurance fraud.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Grim_Traveller
on 8/21/17 8:47 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
On August 21, 2017 at 7:19 PM Pacific Time, Acm1991 wrote:

The insurance company for sure requires a bmi of 40 w/o comobility or 35 with, i have a bmi of 39.5, I've been well over 40 at times. I'm so close to qualifying it's so frustrating! If it turns out I don't have sleep apnea after I do the test on Augusta 27, I just won't qualify and that will be the end on the journey! Does any know know how long I will have to wait before trying to qualify again?

If you don't qualify the first time you apply, you have to wait 73 days before reapplying.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/17 9:14 pm

Thank you

Cathy H.
on 8/22/17 8:25 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics