For Newbies like me - here is my dinner last night

ShirlAus
on 8/9/17 2:33 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey All,

I was serving up my dinner last night and was reminding myself of the post that ErinT did of her meal and how much it helped me get my head around portion sizes etc. Im a visual kinda girl.

I had roast chicken and coleslaw last night with some full fat mayo as I find I need a sauce or similar with chicken and other drier proteins. I also use natural full fat greek yoghurt a lot.

Attached is a picture. I ended up being able to eat all the chicken but only 1/3 of the coleslaw. Hubby ate my leftovers. I always serve on a bread and butter plate and mostly eat with a smaller fork or teaspoon these days

I am 6 weeks out and tolerating food really well - for which I am thankful.

Kathy S.
on 8/9/17 3:09 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I love using small plates. When you put tiny portion on the big plate mentally you feel you are missing food Thanks for sharing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ShirlAus
on 8/9/17 4:06 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Isnt it funny how our heads work. I am amazed at how overwhelmed I feel when serving my husband and sons now - I used to eat virtually the same as them (hence the reason I got to this weight!)

I had to laugh last night and considered taking a picture. My husband served his portion onto a bread and butter plate - it looked hilarious - piled high. He caught me smirking and I asked if he was trying to reduce his portions - his response "yes"

:)

Shirley

Kathy S.
on 8/10/17 12:30 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

My son hates taking me out to eat. He makes a joke Mom is set for the next weeks meals with the leftovers

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

ShirlAus
on 8/10/17 1:23 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

We are most definately a "cheap shout" now :)

Agran
on 8/11/17 9:51 pm

I just noticed your loss on your chart, you are doing amazing! Your numbers are incredible. I am only one week behind you but about 10 lbs slower. Great job. Any tips so I can catch up to you. ?

ShirlAus
on 8/13/17 1:36 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey Agran

Thank you :) Im just plodding along. Starting to try and walk a bit (I have a knee will need to be reconstructed at some stage so not supposed to do too much)

I post my food in the daily thread. Its mainly protein. 3 meals a day plus snacks. I confess I am slack with counting my calories - I need to get into a better habit

You are doing well :)

Shirley

Agran
on 8/14/17 3:30 pm

Thanks Shirley. Where is the daily thread? Is it the What are you eating today" area?

hope the new lighter you is enjoying the sort of summer weather.

ShirlAus
on 8/14/17 3:47 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hi Agran,

Yes it is and I find it helpful for ideas on what others eat daily.

We are at the tail end of winter here but the days are slowly getting lighter and I look forward to being much smaller this summer

Take care and good luck

Shirley :) Australia

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/9/17 3:29 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I got a set of plastic toddler dishes and silverware. It was incredibly helpful when I was early out!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Recent Topics