VSG in NY.....

Maryvsg87
on 8/9/17 8:03 am - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

Hello everyone so I have decided to go forward with getting VSG. I am currently undecided if I should keep Fidelis NY or change insurance? In the very near future my job will be offering 1199 and I'm not sure if I should change or just wait. I had a couple seminars I went to and did online because I would not be able to see the doctor until I have completed that but appointments are 1 month to 2 months away. I'm undecided on which doctor is good for me. Is there anyone from NY and can tell me their experience and also I schedule an appointment in Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla NY anyone knows if that place is good? Here for the support and info. Thank you for your time in advance.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/9/17 12:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Congrats on going forward with the VSG. I don't have any advice as far as insurance goes. I get mine thru my job. Maybe you can call them up & check to see if wls is covered. I went to a Bariatric Center of Excellence which has places listed on my insurance. I went with NYU which I think is pretty good. They have a website listing their Drs, experience, etc. I started with a bariatric seminar & the rest is history. Maybe they have something similar in your area.

Good Luck to you & will save you a spot on the losers bench.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Maryvsg87
on 8/9/17 1:30 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

Yes I am going to do the NYU seminar online tonight and will be expecting a call tomorrow to schedule the appointment. I'm looking for a really good one we will see. So far the earliest appointment is the one in Westchester Medical Center let's see how that goes....... Still waiting on NYU and Mount Sinai we will see. I'll keep you guys updated.

drea29
on 8/9/17 5:09 pm

I had my surgery at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mt. Kisco. Dr. Roslin was my surgeon. He also operates at Lenox Hill in NYC. Good surgeon. There is a support group once a month as well as a nutritionist.

Maryvsg87
on 8/9/17 5:59 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

Okay Thank you. I made 2 appointments and tomorrow another and waiting on another. Honestly I don't want to go crazy meeting different providers but I want to make sure I get is perfect for me.

Mirandia
on 8/10/17 5:33 am
VSG on 03/14/17

The only advise I can give is about your insurance situation ... talk people in the doctors office/hospital billing department that you will being using. They see what people have to pay out of pocket. You might have to play phone tag though.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

Maryvsg87
on 8/11/17 12:11 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

Yes I did speak to the billing lady at Mt. Sinai who seem to want to answer all my questions. The other ones no good. I think I definitely chose my surgeon but making sure on my appointment.

Maryvsg87
on 8/11/17 12:16 pm - Bronx, NY
VSG on 11/20/17

I have a meeting today after work with 1199 to see when they job will start offering that insurance and then I will know exactly what is my next step as far as what insurance to get. The billing lady said with Fidelis is a letter from my PCP with 6 months of weigh ins and 2 Nutritionist visit and with 1199 only 4 weigh ins. Hoping for 1199 in a way because if it is like that I should be good for November or December. Aiming for November I really need it already.

Most Active
Recent Topics