Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 8/7/17

ShirlAus
on 8/7/17 3:10 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I seem to be able to tolerate most things - I find that I need sauce or similar for the meats rather than plain and I chew chew chew. Meat sauce was a big no in the beginning and I havent tried it again.

I do cook a lot of Crock Pot meals but only eat a tiny portion (1/4 cup combined)

With the veg, I barely eat any - I served myself last night for dinner one piece of carrot and one piece of broc - but couldnt eat more that 1/3 of each piece so I have it with the rest of the chicken skewer today with extra sour cream. It would be 1/4 cup in total for everything

My dieticians recommendations are to be introducing half a slice of multigrain toast with an egg etc but I am still rarely having Bread, rice etc as it fills me and I want protein to be first.

Weight is coming off nicely so Im not complaining. Im down 37.4 lbs since I started my pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery.

Are others like me? Or am I just weird. Ive healed externally very well and my surgeon was very happy when he saw me for my first check up. Im not due to go back to him till next month

Shirley

Erin T.
on 8/7/17 3:15 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

Well, your explanation of your portions and how little of the veggie you're eating makes more sense. I wasn't allowed anything but protein until I could get in 3-4oz. Well, I'm at about 3oz at 6 months out but often times only 2.5oz. I've started adding 1oz of veggies during some meals (mostly only dinner) and I have fruit (berries only) in my yogurt in the morning.

I'm also trying to transition to maintenance. I do not plan to add grains back on any regular basis. A bite here or there while out to dinner, but nothing I prepare will have grains.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

ShirlAus
on 8/7/17 3:28 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

They are tiny portions and I always eat the protein first. Apparently I will get to around 1/2 cup to 1 cup after 6-12 months. Will see what happens.

I rarely eat fruit as I find I dont have the room - I was putting berries in my protein shakes while on the earlier stages. I miss my veggies as I was a huge salad and veggie girl but find ways to get them in. I made a chicken satay the other day and put a bag of baby spinach in along with red pepper. I had a couple of pieces with the chicken - mixed with the sauce/coconut milk and it was delicious. I love to cook hence my husband eats a cooked meal for both lunch and dinner. I do everything in bulk and freeze it in portions. Makes working long hours and being busy at nights a lot easier. My crock pots are my saviour.

My snacks are chobani pouch yoghurt - takes me a while to eat or a babybel cheese - I find these great and extra protein.

The mini quiches I make and freeze in zip lock bags are tiny. I find they go down easier than the tiny meatballs I have also made. Again I need sauce with drier meat like a meatball - so tend to make one up with natural yoghurt and herbs and dip them in. I can eat 2 tiny meatballs - sometimes 2 and a half.

You are doing amazing and are a role model to me. Thank you :)

Shirley

Fredbear
on 8/7/17 5:05 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

My response to a NUT telling me to eat some bread would be "okay" and then ignore it completely. No bread in my life, don't need it, don't want it!

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

ShirlAus
on 8/7/17 5:26 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I hear you Fredbear - Ive had one quarter of a sandwich once when I have been caught on the road with no other options :)

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/7/17 1:59 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

It's was rainy here this morning too but it stopped around lunchtime and is now in the low 70's. I'm down another pound finally and am almost back to my lowest point after that 6 pound gain and stall.

B: L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee

L: 3.5 oz lean turkey with 2 slices smoked cheddar cheese

D: turkey enchilada skillet, 1/4 cup steamed broccoli

S: protein bar

E: walking

W&V

jachristmas
on 8/7/17 3:21 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

The air conditioner repair was very temporary yesterday (like a couple hours) so it was a miserable, hot night and morning. Thankfully my daddy came with what are hopefully the right parts to finish the job..fingers crossed..the air feels heavenly right now, so hoping this test run will prove him right and give us a cool nights sleep. Meanwhile, I have been trying to catch up on some housework that I have let go lacking. I've been trying to enjoy my first summer break at home with my son, and school starts back next week, so time to get this place in order!

B premier caramel in decaf coffee (usually I get 2 cups from a RTD shake but it was too dang hot in here so Just a small one and then finished off the shake later)

S cucumber slices with bacon ranch dip

L leftover burger patty and pickles

S string cheese

D sirloin steak and a bite of salad

Vitamins and lots of water in. Housework and sweating my butt off today (probably not a bad thing )

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

cappy11448
on 8/7/17 4:08 pm

I had an enjoyable weekend, but it wasn't so great for my diet. But I'm back on track today.

Breakfast - salmon

Lunch - meatballs and cheese

Dinner - chicken and broccoli

snack - cucumber salad and a glass of wine

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Cathy H.
on 8/7/17 5:23 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Enjoying the heck out of this unseasonably cool weather while it lasts! A little NSV yesterday....down another cup size in my bra..YAY! I noticed the D cups were about half empty at the top (lol...where did they go?), so wondered if the C I bought a while back that was too small would work..and sure enough! VOILA! It fits! So, as of yesterday, down from a starting 54DDD, to a 38C!! Woohoo!!

B: Dannon L&F w/Fiber One, coffee w/H&H and xylitol

L: Ham, Swirls cheese stick, fresh zucchini

D: Smoked pork loin, grape tomatoes

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

CC C.
on 8/7/17 5:48 pm

You left 'em up on the zipline!

Most Active
Recent Topics