Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday 8/7/17

Gwen M.
on 8/7/17 6:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's Monday! Nothing like starting the week with the realization that you're allergic to the stuff you've been using on your sunburn... I am now slathered in Aveeno.

I did SkyZone yesterday and it was a ton of fun. My arms are very sore today from the Warrior Course!

I've got seven days until reconstructive surgery #2 and I'm super excited. I'm also having a DEXA scan this week - what a coincidence!

I'm also hoping to check out a WLS support group this evening. I tried to find one when I was first starting the WLS process, but it was "community organized" and very suboptimal. My surgeon's hospital has one, but that's a long drive, during rush hour, on an evening that I have another commitment, so I knew it would never be an option for me. But I'm one of those people who wants to try all the options because even though I haven't had luck with support groups yet, I can't help but think it's because I haven't found the right group. Occasionally I poke around to see if there's anything near me and apparently there's a professionally organized one (at a hospital spin off location) about 10 minutes from my house! They meet once monthly and, happily enough, that once in August is this evening! I'm looking forward to it.

1: protein shake
2: leftover pork tenderloin (there's this issue with leftovers that the guys will eat things and then leave a "Gwen portion" in the container and NOT tell me)
3: another protein shake
4: tetrazzini sauce (this is normally a baked pasta casserole, but I just make the stuff without the pasta and serve it over pasta for the guys and over nothing for myself. It's easy to make in bulk and freezes well, which is the name of the cooking game this week.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 8/7/17 7:22 am

B - coffee and yogurt

L - leftover salmon

D - going out so not sure yet (everything at this place is breaded and fried )

S - Halo top salted caramel

Fredbear
on 8/7/17 7:54 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Busy Monday... going to my bariatric support group at my surgeon's facility tonight.

Some regain this weekend with less activity than usual (due to the leg pain) and some poor choices at my housewarming party on Saturday. Just get back on the plan!

B: protein shake

L: 2 oz. spiced up chicken with broccoli slaw and riced cauliflower with sesame ginger vinaigrette

S: protein shake

D: ??? something healthy near the hospital

E: at least 5k walk and 100+ flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Stacy_WLS
on 8/7/17 8:09 am

My weekend flew by. I blame the most fun wedding on Saturday night. I danced the night away and killed myself at the gym on Sunday morning to sweat out the booze. It was so much fun! I'm headed on vacation on Friday, so this week should probably go quickly too!

I'm still trying to focus on dropping a few lbs this month. I'm 1.6 lbs down from last Monday which is fantastic. Monday is usually my highest weight day as the routine / busyness of work keeps me less snacky during the week. I am shooting for 5 lbs this month so super happy just need to keep at it.

B - fit frappe & coffee

L - cheese ravioli w/ tomato sauce

S - yogurt w/ strawberries & protein shake

D - either pot roast or tacos

S - tbd

e - crossfit

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Theduffman27
on 8/7/17 8:39 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Are we related? LOL....I went to a Brewfest and then to a MLS soccer game on Saturday, was up bright and early on Sunday morning and went to the gym. Glad you had fun at the wedding.

I attached a pic of me and my wife with our good friends at the Brew fest...I was dancing, they had a great blues band playing.

Stacy_WLS
on 8/7/17 10:10 am

Nice! Gotta enjoy life :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

sgg1002
on 8/7/17 10:43 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Hey everyone! Where did the weekend go? We got tons of rain all day and night Saturday, so I stayed in and chilled with the pups. Yesterday, did a bunch of errands and went down to see the shelter doggies, before I watched All Nighter and Collateral Beauty on redbox dvds. :)

B: chocolate Premier Protein and coffee

S: 15 bing cherries

L: WW Roast beef bistro selection

S: strawberry Triple Zero Greek yogurt

D: Turkey/cauliflower rice/mozz casserole

Water, walking and vites/supplements in!

yvonnef1964
on 8/7/17 10:51 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and coleslaw

D boston butt pork shoulder, zoodles and coleslaw

Have a good day

ShirlAus
on 8/7/17 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - Tuesday here and cold cold cold .......

At work early again - 6.15am so I can play catch up from taking Friday off. Tonight will be filled with more washing and collecting more photos of my best friend so I can get them printed off and sent up to his parents.

B: 3 x Mini quiches

S: Cheese & Biscuit (1 only eat one if that) Using up the packs I bought whilst we were away

L: Leftover Chicken, Potato with sour cream, carrot n Brocoli - couldnt eat much dinner last night !

S: Chobani Yoghurt

D: Fish and Coleslaw (Guys will have Potato Wedges n sour cream as well)

Slowly cleaning out the freezer. I cooked n cooked whilst I was recovering from the operation so my Husband and sons have been eating like Kings :)

Erin T.
on 8/7/17 3:00 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm kind of baffled by your diet variety at 6 weeks out! I couldn't eat anything but crock pot meats, cheese, and yogurt at that point. I didn't add veggies until about 5 months and I still eat them in minuscule portions.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Most Active
Recent Topics