Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday 8/4/17

Erin T.
on 8/4/17 3:23 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning VSGers! My weight keeps going up. I shouldn't complain because this is the first stall/gain I've experienced in 6 months for more than a couple days. But, it's still frustrating. Especially when I log/track everything and I know my calories are on point. I logically know there is no way I consumed 6,000 excess calories this week to gain 2lbs because A) I literally track everything, and B) 6,000 calories (!!) but my stupid brain is still telling me I'll gain all the weight back this weekend

M1: Premier Protein, Coffee, & Miralax

M2: Dannon L&F w/ Sunflower seeds

M3: Roltini Roll Ups (2)

M4: TBD, but it will be a meat. I didn't take anything out of the freezer so it might be Instant Pot-ed.

E: My 11-year old asked me to start a plank challenge with her, so I'll be adding that in today.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Theduffman27
on 8/4/17 4:09 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning Erin! Do not lose faith in the process, I got to the point where I stopped weighing every day as it would drive me crazy. Just continue following the program, it does get slower as we get closer to goal. I have maintained within 5 lbs for almost 2 years and have ups and downs, but am very consistent with my weight. My theory is that it is a good thing to be fearful of gaining the weight back. I have the same fear as well as becoming diabetic again, that is the biggest reason I swear off carbs and will not even take " Just one bite" of a simple carb.

B- Pure protein bar

S - Pumpkin Pie greek yogurt

L - Taco salad - no chips

S - buddig meat

D - Broiled haddock with old bay seasoning

E - 3 miles run

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

Gwen M.
on 8/4/17 5:06 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My weight has been a punk recently too, but I'm pretty sure it's because my body hates me right now as I've abused it. So I can't complain too much. It'll come back down before too long.

Yesterday was great. I posted about my pre-op for surgery #2 in the Plastics Forum. My voice has sort of come back to me, my sunburn still looks awful and hurts. Waking up for fitness class #1 did not happen, but I'll be leaving for Tai Chi in a few minutes. Woo! Today my plans involve Tai Chi, getting an allergy shot, swinging by the grocery store for dinner stuff and to drop off my surgery prescriptions, laundry, and more work on my paper for class. I need to finish reading and at least get an outline today which leaves rough draft for Saturday and submission Sunday. Ideally I'll be able to get some words going for the rough draft today, though, I do not like cutting things so close!

1: protein shake
2: salmon
3: protein shake (I was ordered to be better about getting in extra protein prior to surgery.)
4: breakfast for dinner - some variety of eggs, bacon, roasted potatoes for the guys, maybe mushrooms

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: tai chi class!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Arjeffries
on 8/4/17 6:22 am
VSG on 01/27/16

The weight gain/stall pattern really does mess with your head. When I track my weight loss it looks like a 1) downward slide, 2) stair steps, or 3) a ragged saw tooth pattern. I personally like the straight down slide.

B zucchini banana muffin, egg, 3 pieces bacon

L pork fajitas- Meat and veggie portion only

D pork fajitas-meat and veggie portion only

S almonds

S protein drink

S protein drink

Estimated calories 1800

E will walk at work tonight

Water around 80 ounces.

CC C.
on 8/4/17 6:25 am, edited 8/3/17 11:26 pm

Down another pound today. So I'm firmly in the 190?s. Though I'm starting to look pretty deflated in places I haven't looked deflated in weight losses past! Maybe it's the speed of it all...

Out for a walk soon to beat the rain. Yesterday's was 3.7 miles with a big hill. Maybe the same today? I used to do 7-9 mile hikes in the hills 4 years ago, so I feel a little sheepish being excited about nearing 4 miles, but it's shocking what putting on 115 pounds does to your ability and desire to move.

B - coffee and yogurt

L - edamame and cottage cheese

D - white fish and corn on the cob

S - protein shake

Highfunctioningfatman
on 8/4/17 6:45 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I've been in a stall for a couple of weeks. Finally it moved yesterday. Stay the plan, you'll be fine.

B: naked morning mac

L: not sure yet

D: ditto

SallyCat
on 8/4/17 6:56 am
VSG on 10/17/16

The stall will break before you know it and soon it will be but a memory. Just keep doing your thing.

Today we are having a going away party in my dept. That table is loaded down with multitudes of crap in the break room. I brought some turkey jerky with me so I can snack too.

B: coffee and yogurt

L: roasted chicken with salad and lettuce wraps

D: baked lemon chicken

S: turkey jerky

HW: 375 SW: 282 CW: 167 GW: 159

Fredbear
on 8/4/17 7:46 am, edited 8/4/17 2:39 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

First Friday of the month, we should start seeing Xmas crap show up in the stores any time now...

Busy day, meetings (BS) all morning and then wrapping up mid-year reviews before today's deadline.

Still having leg pain and swelling, got some antibiotics last night and my PCP directed me to the ER if it's not better this weekend, or if it gets worse. It's not bad when walking, but resting, sitting, sleeping, etc. are all painful. Could be a weird presentation of shin splints, but I'm afraid it's going to be a stress fracture. Had a stress fracture in my foot in 2015 and I do not relish the idea of healing from another one...

B: protein shake

L: 2 oz. spiced up chicken with butter lettuce, broccoli slaw, and riced cauliflower with kick-ass wasabi dijon dressing

S: protein shake

D: street tacos!

E: 5k walk and 150 flights of stairs

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Gwen M.
on 8/4/17 8:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I had to go to the store today and ALL THE HALLOWEEN CANDY. I need to not go down the middle aisle to get to the pharmacy counter in the future. :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Fredbear
on 8/4/17 11:31 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Thank goodness that candy was never my thing!

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

Most Active
Recent Topics