Favorite High Protein Easy Breakfast?

Bufflehead
on 8/4/17 5:38 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Grilled or roast chicken from Trader Joe's (they have different flavors). Keep it in the fridge, chop up 3 oz or so for breakfast in the morning and you are good to go with a low calorie, low carb, high protein breakfast in just a couple of minutes.

JenniferAshley
on 8/4/17 11:56 am
VSG on 06/19/17

I have their chicken in the fridge right now! Yum!

Dcgirl
on 8/4/17 6:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Check out Eggface's (Shelly's) blog - I used to make these mini egg bites every week and then portion them out in a baggie and bring them to work. I would pop them in the microwave and my coworkers would get curious so I would bring them to share and EVERYONE loved them. My favorites were egg, bacon and goat cheese and shallot, or egg and roasted red pepper and cheddar and onion...all combinations are delicious! http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party -time-confetti-bites.html

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/4/17 9:59 am, edited 8/4/17 2:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have had 1/4 C eggbeaters and 1/4-1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese microwaved for about 2 minutes on high since early days. VERY filling and a minimum of 13 grams of protein/103 calories (depends on amount and type of cottage cheese). The cottage cheese gets all melty (yummm).

i bring it to work in a small glass cup with a lid so I can microwave it there in the morning.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

JenniferAshley
on 8/4/17 11:54 am, edited 8/4/17 4:54 am
VSG on 06/19/17

I'm going to make this for breakfast tomorrow. I might add a little shredded cheese and bacon bits! Yum!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/4/17 12:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I do add in other things periodically too.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Dcgirl
on 8/4/17 10:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I almost forgot my new favorite thing ever, that I got from Emiepie on the RNY board. It's egg salad made with cottage cheese instead of mayo! I made some today - I used 3 hard-boiled eggs, and mashed them up with about 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and a few tiny chunks of pickle and about 2 tbsp of a spice mix from Trader Joe's called Everything but the Bagel sesame spice seasoning (it's likely salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, sesame seeds - delicious!). Ma**** up and it's alllll protein and no carbs and freaking awesome. I have more than enough left for tomorrow. I use 2% cottage cheese but it's all about what your preference is. I can see myself eating this every day for the next two weeks!

I also eat lunch type stuff for breakfast - it's not uncommon for me to have leftover taco ground turkey or tuna fish mixed with mayo and onions. I don't want scrambled eggs everyday so eating lunch foods fits me well!

JenniferAshley
on 8/4/17 11:53 am
VSG on 06/19/17

Great idea! I'm going to pick that spice up from Trader Joe's today! Can't wait to try it!

adistacke
on 8/4/17 1:55 pm
VSG on 05/16/17

I add ham and cheese to 1 egg plus a few pieces of avocado...I'm almost 3 months out and am a few bites short of eating all of that but around 15 grams of protein.

diane S.
on 8/6/17 11:04 am

Besides my usual greek yogurt, I often have string cheese for breakfast on the run. Its pretty good protein and easy to carry around. I also recently read that canadian bacon has less fat and calories than ham though there is lots of nice lean ham these days. Turkey pepperoni is quite good and not too moist. Ditto jerky. diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics