Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday 8/2/17

Gwen M.
on 8/2/17 7:57 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy first day with no diabetes meds, Erin!!

I had a great day yesterday with my bff. We met up for lunch and then went for a 5.5 mile walk before heading back to her house to get some more cleaning accomplished. I guess I talked too much or something because I started sounding like a boy going through puberty last night and, this morning, I have no voice. My hips are sore and I opted to sleep in since my body clearly needed it. I'm also an idiot who wore sunscreen, but failed at applying it, so I've got sunburn all over my neck and shoulders. This is super suboptimal since I have my pre-op with my surgeon tomorrow and he'll be taking pre-op pictures..... smart move, Gwen. NOT. Hopefully it'll fade a little in the next 24 hours?

Today is a school day. I need to write my discussion post for the week and get started on my research paper.

1: protein shake
2: leftover curry and samosa
3: more leftover curry since I'm not cooking and there's a lot of food in the fridge still

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Rachel B.
on 8/2/17 8:46 am, edited 8/2/17 2:13 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Congrats Erin!

Yesterday was NOT a good food day, but I did get 14K steps in. Today is a training day. i am thinking Arms. The baby had that huge cyst removed yesterday, but had huge swelling, distention and discomfort last night. This morning I took him to the vet before they opened. he has some puss around his staples, so they gave him an anti-biotic shot, a steroid shot, a bottle of anti-biotics to start tomorrow, and a script for tramadol. I had a little tramadol left from a previous dogs misadventures, so I gave him 1/2 of one, and now he is sleeping. Poor baby!

AM: Espresso with ON white chocolate and fairlife fat free

B: yogurt

L: chicken, cottage cheese and hummus

S: S&C PP

D: Chicken, Cottage cheese and hummus

Water & Vites

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/2/17 8:48 am
Revision on 03/14/18

Yay! Congrats on being off the diabetes meds!

I called my surgeon today to see if they would refer me back to the nutritionist. I can't seem to wrap my brain around why I've been mostly stalled for 5 weeks. I had lost about 2-3 pounds and then it came right back. Hoping I can get some help on meal planning wise. The original plan I was given has bread being introduced back in. Granted it's while wheat English muffins but I'm not ready for that road yet.

b:L&F Greek yogurt with bran buds, coffee with sugar free creamer

L: 4 oz shredded chicken

D: bunless burger

S:protein bar

E: walking

W&V: I joined a 2 week water challenge on Facebook so hopefully that helps me

Gwen M.
on 8/2/17 10:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Are you weighing/tracking what you eat? How many calories are you getting? How much protein? How much liquid?

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/2/17 11:25 am
Revision on 03/14/18

I'm mostly tracking everything on my fitness pal. I try and get around 100 grams of protein everyday. I know I'm not the best about getting in my water. That's always a struggle with me. I'm prolly only getting around 50oz. I keep my calories around 1000 to 1100 most days. Little higher since I do do cardio. I dunno what gives.

Gwen M.
on 8/2/17 11:36 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I can give you a few suggestions of "what gives." :)

You say "mostly tracking" - that word "mostly" is concerning. A lot of extra calories can be eaten in the "mostly." If your weight isn't changing, and you don't know why, vigilance with weighing/tracking is of key importance.

Protein - yay!

Liquids - boo! You need to track this and get to a minimum of 64 ounces a day. I started getting into the habit by filling up 3 32-ounce Nalgenes at the start of my day and setting times for when I needed to finish each one. Lack of liquids can definitely impact your loss.

Calories - boo! Rule of thumb from too many vets to count here is that you should keep in the 600-800 range during weight loss. In addition, if you're getting 100 grams of protein a day and 1000 calories, that means you're getting in 600 non-protein calories a day. What do those calories consist of? Probably things that aren't useful to you reaching your goal.

Cardio days - you do not need to add in calories to offset exercise.

If you've been stalled for five weeks, this means that you're eating at maintenance levels. Plain and simple. Reining in your calories and your non-protein is what you should consider doing, and getting your liquid intake where it should be. You can do it!

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/2/17 12:27 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Thanks Gwen! I will gladly take any advice at this moment.

I think I had heard wrong when someone said to up your calories for cardio. I am well on my way too of working more water in. Why I joined a water challenger on a Facebook group. I set my min for 70oz and already almost there. I need to be more diligent about weighing out my food. I track everything really but someone of the stuff I am eyeballing it. I need to get back in the habit or weighing and measuring everything again. Thanks again!

Fredbear
on 8/2/17 1:48 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

Yeah, there's no reason to increase calories when you exercise during the weightloss phase. If you're taking two steps forward, why would you want to taken one step back?

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

on 8/2/17 9:52 am
VSG on 09/19/16

Post Op VSG 10 months

Not feeling so good again this morning. Woke up with a headache and aching everywhere. I really need to do something about this unrelenting fatigue I've been experiencing everyday. I take all my vits everyday and always get in all my water too. Luckily I have my one year follow up appointment in 3 weeks where I'll be getting some labs checked so hopefully that might reveal some insights.

Today's eats:

B: Chocolate Premier Protein w/ 1tsp instant hazelnut coffee

L: 1 cup spinach, 1 hard boiled egg, 1oz chicken strips, 0.5oz light feta cheese, 10g salad dressing

D: 3oz salmon, 1.5oz green beans, 10g light feta cheese

S1: 3oz green bell pepper slices, 2oz roasted red pepper hummus

S2: 2oz blackberries, 2oz raspberries, 1oz almonds

S3: 1 empire apple

Totals: 997cals, 67g carbs - 26g fiber = 41g net carbs, 84g protein

Highfunctioningfatman
on 8/2/17 11:21 am
VSG on 08/29/16

It has been crazy hot here last little bit and I don't feel hot which is nice! That being said, I still have to make sure to get in my fluids. I was 16 ounces short of two gallons yesterday so I feel pretty good about that. It is supposed to hit 115 here today.

B: the last of that delicious muchacho burrito. Dang was that thing good! I think that is my new favorite at that restaurant. It lasts me for five meals and only cost $8. Another nice thing is that it has 60 grams of carbs for the entire burrito but when I split that amongst five meals it only works out to 12 carbs.

L: imagine this, I am having a chicken enchilada with lots of habanero sauce. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it very predictable. This may be TMI but when I removed the refried beans as a snack I was having some issues. I found that increasing the level of habanero sauce on my enchilada has the same effect as the fiber from the beans.

D: chicken breast with a nice homemade tomatillo Verde sauce.

Like I mentioned before, I pretty much always eat Mexican food at this point in my life. I swear they put something in me in Mexico!

Most Active
Recent Topics