I hate eating :(

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/17 7:27 am

No regrets. Happy I've done my sleeve. BUT

4 weeks in. And I cant eat when I'm about to go out. Or while I'm out because I hate how crap that makes me feel. So that leaves only eating once a day in the evening.

Because: any kind of protein pureed gives me this issue.

No. I am not eating to much. Or too fast.

0.5 ounces of anything pureed. ( apart from plain soup)

Feel sick. Flem comes up which is so disgusting. And I just feel disgusting and just wish I didn't eat.

I just feel gross. and I'f I don't want to feel gross I have to just drink water till I get home. I sipped protein shake but now that makes me feel physically horrible.

Has anyone any one else experienced this ?

I'm moving onto soft food in a couple of days.

Theduffman27
on 8/1/17 7:33 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Sorry you are not feeling great when eating!

I can only speak of my experience. I did not enjoy eating, so I chose to take the slow route and stayed on pureed and soft foods for a longer period of time. When I moved to dense proteins I would eat Fish, shrimp, burger and chicken thighs as they seem to agree with my sleeve.

I am sorry I am not able to offer more, I had few complications and am grateful.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/17 7:38 am

Thanks for replying.

I would say my journey has been pretty smooth other than this so I am greatfull.

How long did you stay on puree food for. ? And can you give me some ideas what you ate. ?

Thanks for replying! :)

Theduffman27
on 8/1/17 8:04 am
VSG on 11/19/14

are you familiar with the website : http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

One of my favorites and still is the ricotta bake.

Tuna salad, Chicken salad, egg salad, deviled eggs.

Manwhich meat with no bun.

Chili continues to be a go to food for me.

I stayed on pureed until I felt comfortable, I want to say it was not until week 8 or 9 or even later than I moved to dense proteins.

*** I did not puree everything , but made sure to chew until food was pureed. Chili was easy to eat.

Highfunctioningfatman
on 8/1/17 8:17 am
VSG on 08/29/16

I enjoyed the ricotta bake as well and made many changes to it. When I was out and about and I needed food on the road I chose chili from Wendy's.

Theduffman27
on 8/1/17 8:28 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I still use the chili at Wendys as a stand by when plans go astray.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/1/17 8:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If eating purees makes you feel like crap, do NOT move on to soft food. Your body is telling you that it's not ready.

If you're only eating once a day, what else are you taking in? Are you drinking protein shakes? Drinking enough water?

What kinds of purees are you eating? Many people report having trouble with different kinds of food early on. I had a difficult time with beans and eggs, but no trouble with chicken.

Are you taking tiny bites? At first, you'll want to take bites the size of a grain of rice. Put down your spoon between bites. Take half an hour to finish half an ounce of food.

If you can't handle puree at 4 weeks, have you spoken to your surgeon?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mmsmom
on 8/1/17 10:09 am - Woburn, MA

This should all pass in time - def not time to move on . I had alot of trouble with soft fish, of all things!

VSG on 04/28/2014

jachristmas
on 8/1/17 12:46 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

If you cant tolerate pureed then try going back to liquids for awhile. Try broth with added protein powder (Unjury is good or you can make your own).especially if it's the sweet stuff that's bothering you. It may take some trial and error to find something that agrees and you may have to stick with that one thing until you are a little further out and can tolerate more. Start with whatever you know you can tolerate and try to bump up the protein in that..like adding it to sugar free pudding or jello or whatever your plan allows. And make sure you get enough water/liquids. Hope you move past this phase soon!

~Amanda~

HW at consult #1 5/19/16: 348 lbs.

Consult #2 8/31/16: 331 lbs.

SW 12/14/16: 286 lbs.

diane S.
on 8/1/17 5:11 pm

well i really didn't like to eat for a long time. Had to force the protein down. Found that keeping it icy cold and only pouring out an ounce or two at a time helped. Work on the water or tea or broth. It will get better. Also do skim milk. gl. Diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active
Recent Topics