Less than 24 Hour until VSG - Nerves/Coffee

Jennalis87
on 7/31/17 9:42 am

Hey,

The last thing you want is to be nervous. Everything will work out fine. You dont want to freak out and higher your blood pressure. Just relax. Your in great hands and the outcome will be great and worth it. As for coffee, I do advice you call your physician and make sure its ok. You don't want to drink something and delay the process. You made it this far!.

Jennalis87
on 7/31/17 9:42 am

Hey,

The last thing you want is to be nervous. Everything will work out fine. You dont want to freak out and higher your blood pressure. Just relax. Your in great hands and the outcome will be great and worth it. As for coffee, I do advice you call your physician and make sure its ok. You don't want to drink something and delay the process. You made it this far!

Theduffman27
on 7/31/17 12:22 pm
VSG on 11/19/14

I was only nervous as I had never had surgery prior to WLS - the only regret I have is that I should have done it sooner!

ShirlAus
on 7/31/17 1:27 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hey

I was too but I tried to focus on the reason I had come to this decision and the enormous benefits it would have to my health and wellbeing. I remember sitting in admissions at 7am all jittery as the day was finally here. Take this time as the others have said to make sure everything is as organised for your return home and try to focus on the other side. The after operation part, the healing and starting to let go of the excess weight we have or are still carrying around (Im 5 weeks out) and the stress it puts on your body

Look forward to seeing you on the losers bench :)

Shirley

Australia

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/17 2:22 pm
VSG on 12/28/16

I went through the same thing. I went to the hospital alone and was having an inner meltdown. Once I got checked in I was fine. You'll do great. Let us know how you make out.

adistacke
on 7/31/17 2:28 pm
VSG on 05/16/17

I was very nervous too...didn't want to stay overnight in the hospital where i work but everything went very well. It is a tough journey and having major surgery is scary but you will get through it and be happier and healthier for it! Good luck tomorrow...let us know how you're doing when up to it.

LiveFreeOrDie69
on 7/31/17 2:31 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful comments I am good to go. I think this is just a new beginning of a new me and new way of life, new life really so like anything new we second guess it but I know this is the right thing for me at this point in my life!

my3angels3173
on 7/31/17 2:56 pm

I'm 4 days post op. Everything went well and I'm feeling fine. Just relax and breathe. Don't talk to too many people unless that helps you through. For me I needed solitude, calmness and rest the day before, and surprisingly I was very calm before surgery. I wish you the best of luck.

craw280
on 7/31/17 3:41 pm
VSG on 08/01/17

Good luck tomorrow I will be thinking about you as I am due to go under the knife on Wednesday ?

You will do well and congratulations for making a very difficult but very important decision for your health!

happyteacher
on 7/31/17 2:48 pm

Perfectly normal to be nervous, so don't let that stop you. Coffee is typically Ok provided you do not add cream.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics