MFP food diary calories VSG

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/31/17 1:38 pm

where you are now - you will be losing at 1200 cal. But - very quickly the calories will increase - and your weight will drop and you will not be losing as much if any. as other said - limit how much and what you eat. The last 20-30 lbs were the hardest to lose. And by that time I wanted to eat more and I could eat more.

and then my GB failed and I needed the GB removal. In the month before the surgery - I could eat the most 400 cal per day. Surprisingly - that did not made me stall - I lost my last 20 lbs in that month. And I was 25 lbs to my goal. so I was already "skinny". That debunked for me personally the idea "you are not losing because you are not eating enough" Yea. right.

Right now I maintain on app 1200-1400 per day.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/31/17 1:56 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You can lose weight slowly if you want, but weight loss slows the further out from surgery that you get. Not due to anything wrong with your sleeve, but all the other things start to kick in like bad habits, stress eating, motivation wanes, experimenting more, social situations like family, peers, friends etc. Remember the holidays are coming, the slow weight loss can turn into no weight loss & weight gain instead.

Are you experiencing physical hunger or head hunger? A change of meds & habits can help with that. Therapy or support can help with the latter.

I know for me, whenever I ate a lot of carbs, my hunger would always increase & felt stronger pangs. When I went back to dense protein, not shakes/bars, my hunger pangs would go away & be almost non existent that I'd have to remind myself to eat something. Head hunger is my nemesis for now & I guess will always be with me. It's a true pita!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Gwen M.
on 7/31/17 1:56 pm, edited 7/31/17 6:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

How much liquid are you getting each day?

Two PPI a day seems suboptimal. Did you have a problem with acid pre-op?

Also - why don't you want to lose weight faster than this?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/31/17 1:44 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I don't remember my exact calorie amounts at that stage. I was aiming for 80oz of protein, 80oz of water, & carbs under 50, or less if I could. I also was aiming to get my protein from dense protein & to limit things like protein shakes, bars, & slider foods. It's way too easy to eat a lot of these things & not be satisfied & have a high calorie amount.

There's only but so much dense protein you can eat & thus the calorie amount can stay low. Only when I ate fish did I notice that I can eat more of.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

on 7/31/17 10:09 pm
VSG on 09/19/16

I am at 1000 cals at 10 months out. I feel like this opinion may differ significantly from others - but I don't know if I would suggest keeping below 800 cals for the entirety of the weight loss phase. I am still losing at 1000cals right now. I did below 800 cals up until a 2 months ago, actually against my NUT's advice because I wanted to lose weight as fast as possible. My NUT wanted me at 1000 cals at 3 months out. I was actually really struggling with some disordered eating doing that and I had a lot of anxiety around food (I still do somewhat) - I was skipping meals and trying to restrict as much food as possible to keep my calories as low as I could, and many days I would go the whole day without eating and would feel proud on days I ate 500 cals. Even with majority of my stomach removed, I was just downright miserable doing that and it didn't help me lose the weight any faster. Nowadays I try to make sure I'm eating 5 times a day, 3 meals and 2 snacks, and getting the proper nutrition my body needs by paying attention to my hunger cues and I feel much better, mentally and physically. I still have 22 more pounds to go before goal but this has been much better in the long run. I think it's better to focus on developing lifelong healthy eating strategies that are sustainable.

But I'm not a wls veteran by any means so take my advice with a grain of salt. I would say work with you NUT to develop an eating plan with cals/macros that work for you and will help you reach your goals. Good luck!

Andiemarie30
on 8/1/17 6:23 am
VSG on 03/21/17

I'm between 600 - 800 at just over 4 months. Except for the days I bike (usually over 20 miles) and then I go up to 1000 with gatoraid and recovery foods.

couvish
on 3/10/21 1:52 pm

I have started a low calorie diet recently and I'm keeping track in a journal. I hope I'll be able to scale down faster by keeping an account of all calories on a daily basis.

Most Active
Recent Topics