WOO HOO!!! Broke the 300 barrier!

PookyS
on 8/3/17 9:56 am

YAY! Congratulations! That's my first numerical goal too. I started at your surgery weight, gained about 8 pounds in the hospital from all the IV fluids, and it its only today (1 week out) that I am a pound below my surgery weight. I looked at your incredible first month's stats and I'm very curious. Did you have solely liquids that first 4 weeks or did you start puree on week 2 and get more calories in each day? My doctor has me on 2 weeks clear liquids, followed by 2 weeks full liquids. I don't even start puree until day 29 post-surgery! Things are getting better every day as far as reaching protein and fluid goals. Any advice for the first few weeks? When I get bored or impatient with the Premiere protein and protein broths, I just say to myself, "It is what it is. You need to follow protocol. Ignore the dumb scale. The weight has to start going down eventually."

Amalilly
on 8/3/17 12:48 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 05/23/17

Congratulations on your successful surgery. Now the recovery begins.

My first month stats were because of the nausea I had.

As for my schedule of moving from liquids through to full 'normal' food, I listened to my body and did what felt right. You might be interested in reading my blog posts for more information.

Just remember we're each unique individuals and my story is my own. We're here to support one another and share our stories. We offer ideas based on our own experiences. Serious advice is best from your medical team... they know the best practices.

Gwen M.
on 11/11/17 7:50 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You doing okay Amalilly? You haven't posted in three months now.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics