Pain under rib on left side . any ideas ?

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/17 7:07 am

It hurts. Its like I say under rib but sort or under side of rib round left side. Quite sore.

3pm here. Been hurting since morning.

I noticed it a few days ago but it went. Now seems constant.

Any ideas? Or anyone experienced this

Thanks

Valerie G.
on 7/25/17 9:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If you're new post op (you don't have surgery date listed), it could be the way you were placed for surgery. Some surgeons actually suspend the patient with a hook. It doesn't hurt to give the doc a call, especially if you're new.

If you're not new, it could be anything, really, from GERD to gallbladder.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/17 9:21 am

Hi sorry about that . surgery 4th July :)

ViolentlyDelightful
on 7/25/17 10:29 am
VSG on 07/14/17

I too have a pain under my left rib. They took out my gallbladder during my surgery. it's bizarre. not severe or anything but bothersome.

yvranx42
on 7/25/17 11:57 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Gallbladder is on the right side right around the bottom of the rib cage, so it seems unlikely but you never know. I had some pain like that on my right side, and my doctor put me on Ursodiol to address any potential gallbladder issues - no problems since. Best to ask your doctor to check it out

ViolentlyDelightful
on 7/26/17 6:21 am
VSG on 07/14/17

I'll ask my doc about it. (just get a general check up ) (since my surgery was in mexico)

THe pain seems to have gone away, (for now) so yay!

(deactivated member)
on 7/27/17 4:31 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Left side lower under rib could be spleen. maybe inflamed from surgery? If you drink alcohol, it will make it worse.

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/17 1:46 pm

thanks everyone my doc just thought it was muscular. i didnt know it could be spleen.

Most Active
Recent Topics