How do you feel day after surgery?

adistacke
on 7/25/17 10:56 am
VSG on 05/16/17

I spent 2 nights in the hospital. I didn't think the pain was that bad but it was the nausea and stomach burning that were killing me. I guess i told my mom i wish i would died but don't remember that lol. On the day of discharge, i got up and showered which was ok. I ended up with a horrible sinus headache and it was like pulling teeth to get a sudafed. They gave me pain pills but only 1 sudafed! I spent the rest of the day on the couch and then started moving a lot more on day 3. It was only 10 weeks ago and a distant memory...you will get through it!

Janalyn W.
on 7/25/17 11:46 am
VSG on 06/16/17

I was sleeved on 6-16-17 and stayed overnight in the hospital. Immediately after surgery I had the gas pain in my chest but I was prepared by my physician and he was kind enough to have prescribe medication to combat it. Day after surgery was slow steady improvement. I wasn't remotely hungry and swallowing liquids was interesting as I felt it at every moment entering my new stomach....and that too passes. Slow (sips)and steady (movement). I was by no means at 100% but I saw light ahead. Now at a bit over a month it seems like a faint memory.

Jan

ShirlAus
on 7/25/17 1:48 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I felt tender and tired. The day of surgery was pretty rough but the next day I was up and managed to shower myself and start walking - which as you will hear helps a lot. It took a bit to uncoil and walk straight and I was a bit like a slug but I got there. Spent time sitting up in the chair and found liquids went down better this way.

I left hospital the morning of the third day - as home is quieter etc. I slept a lot that first week. Think your body tells you what you need

Shirley :)

LifeIsAwesome
on 7/25/17 1:55 pm
VSG on 02/15/17

I never had any pain from the moment I woke up (though was getting pain meds through IV); never took a pain pill once I left the hospital the next day, but was weak and nauseous. Would have traded the nausea for pain.

HW-280; SW-235; GW-155; Age-57; Height-5'8"
Stats from SW - M1 -26; M2 -11; M3 -10; M4 -10; M5 -6; M6 -10; M7 - 5;

Amazingthingscanhappen
on 7/25/17 2:41 pm
VSG on 07/18/17

I felt pretty good the day of surgery and the day after. I really turned a corner on the third day and was completely off pain meds. I was drinking and walking numerous times a day.

Best wishes!

yvonnef1964
on 7/25/17 5:52 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

I was good until they discharged me then I was in pain. After i took all that they sent me home with, i was better that night

Mirandia
on 7/26/17 5:41 am
VSG on 03/14/17

Very sore. The pain level was about the same as a pulled muscle. The pain was the worst when I had to stand up or sit down again but I was just fine one I got into a standing position or got settled into a chair.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

Most Active
Recent Topics