Intermittent Fasting

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 10:56 am
VSG on 03/28/17

Very good point.

Erin T.
on 7/23/17 1:31 pm
VSG on 01/17/17

I'm 6 months out and it wouldn't work for me if I wanted to get my protein and a reasonable number of calories (unless they were sliders). I have been working on transitioning to maintenance and that has required a 4th and sometimes 5th meal per day. Therefore, if I fasted for many hours I'd never get my protein.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Donna L.
on 7/23/17 5:55 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I do keto and IF regularly. The sleeve works well with both.

The one issue with IF and a smaller stomach is that it can encourage us to eat more. I have to be very careful to not sneak in extra food. Protein-first works like a dream, though, and sleeves thrive on keto, IMO. The issue becomes you have less time to eat, and so less of an opportunity for carbs. In my case that is a bonus, however.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

AggieMae
on 7/24/17 10:55 am
VSG on 10/25/16

In a way following my plan and eating 3-4 small well spaced meals throughout the day is "intermediate fasting". I know that if, for some reason, I miss a meal I feel like it.

NANNY13
on 7/24/17 4:18 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

HI MAHONIA!

Can you please post what a typical menu looks like including water oz and sauces, ect. and the times that you are eating and drinking.I would like to try to help!

Britt U.
on 8/21/17 11:52 am - Mill Creek, WA

I'm a huge fan of intermittent fasting and keto and my maintenance doc is very supportive. 16 8 works really well, it was the only thing that busted through the impact of menopause and the weight creep that started happening. I'm not hungry in the morning so it feels very natural. I'm 10 years out from surgery.

I'm not working now but once I'm back I'll being doing alternate day fasting to jumpstart faster loss back to goal. I've done it in the past and it was not a problem.

Weight loss and maintenance are important to me but after reading Fung and Moore's new book what really got me excited are the health benefits. Once you get past the myths and look at the science, intermittent fasting makes a lot of sense.

Good luck!

Britt

Most Active
Recent Topics