Do you eat out?

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 10:32 pm, edited 7/23/17 4:40 pm

I am not planning to drink the whole gallon of juice. like 32 calories in the afternoon and 32 calories in the evening. I had half an egg that day because I did not get chance to eat , I feel pretty okay with throwing awa those 32 calories to not make me tempted. I think a protien shake is 150-200 calories. So perhaps thats why. I do not know. Perhaps a protien shake is . meal replacement and they prefer people get protein from food. Juice may be empty cals but your not using it to replace a meal lol. Other than that I do not know. But fo goodness sake i didnt eat the damn topping of the pizzza or take a piece of someones lunch, can we let go of the juice or? I feel I did great yesturday so no need to focus on that, I am sure many things on my plan your jaw will be open about bt you do not need to pick it apart when i feel i did good yesturday .

I am waiting for them to reply to three of my emails with questions..so

I am sure they have their reasons and not all plans are the same, but my surgeon out of his 3,000 surgerys people are reeaching their goals.

Have a lovely day :)

Gwen M.
on 7/24/17 5:05 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck to you.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

AggieMae
on 7/23/17 2:35 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

I take meals from home unless I have a lunch meeting, or a dinner meeting or a breakfast meeting and my husband loves t o try restaurants.

So, I eat out a lot. Maybe 8-10 times a week. I finish my water or tea while we wait for the food. I usually get an appetizer or a child's /senior plate and ask for a take home container as soon as the food arrives. I take anything more than I can eat (4oz), plus anything that I don't eat (white food), off the plate before I start eating. our kid or our dogs eat the leftovers.

I confess to enjoying some of my husband's desert (a 1"x1 cube) and a (very****asionally 1/2 of a pre dinner ****tail.

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 10:34 pm

8-10 times a week?! wow :)

what kind of things do u take with u?

AggieMae
on 7/24/17 11:27 am, edited 7/24/17 4:28 am
VSG on 10/25/16
On July 24, 2017 at 5:34 AM Pacific Time, formymind wrote:

8-10 times a week?! wow :)

what kind of things do u take with u?

At restaurants and catered meetings I eat from the choices I am offered. The in house meals almost always have a grilled protein choice, like chicken of fish.

When I take food from home. I work out exactly what I can eat all day and then portion it out into four meals.

Yesterday (not a work day) :

4oz yogurt (+ 1/2 scoop of unflavored protein powder) with a teaspoon of unsweetened fruit (organic apricot baby food is my favorite)

Nuts, Turkey and Swiss cheese 1 oz of each

8oz (1/2 bottle) of Atkins protein water with 2 oz of "super foods" (green fruit) juice. (Traveling)

2oz steak, 1/4 cup greenbeans, 2 marble sized roasted potatoes.

My goal is less than 25 grams of carbs and at least 60 grams of protein. Yes, I drink fruit juice. I don'****ch fat or calories at all. But it's nearly impossible to get more than 100 calories a day eating 3-5 oz of anything (aside from ice cream, cheesecake or butter) four times a day.

I keep single serving "diet" ice tea packets, a can of tuna a pack of lemon juice and one of mayo and a tiny spoon in my purse at all times. Very good in a food "emergency".

Fredbear
on 7/23/17 7:36 pm
VSG on 11/29/16

I eat out at least three times a week, generally on the weekend.

During the week I am on plan and I have everything scheduled and portioned correctly. When I go out, I am extremely diligent in picking items that I should eat, and I actually order appropriate meals.

I like to go out to eat for variety (since I tend to have the same basic foods during the week, simply for ease of preparation), but also to show my friends that WLS doesn't mean you can no longer eat real food. I have at least four friends who have either discussed WLS with their doctor, or their doctor has suggested WLS to them. So they look at me... the only person they know well who has had surgery. They see what I eat, they see how I eat, they ask questions, I discuss the process and how my life has changed.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

MSHAMO
on 7/24/17 11:43 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI

Good for you for having your weight loss surgery. Every pound you lose will be another milestone....I was so emotional with every pound because it was the first time in my 58 years that I felt that I could do this. I had a VSG in 2008 and in a year I lost 120 LBS. YES, you will be able to go out and eat, but take a friend that you can either share food with or will finish yours!! BEST OF LUCK to you....you deserve it!!

High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
Most Active
Recent Topics