Do you eat out?

jess9395
on 7/23/17 8:37 am - Pismo Beach, CA

Yeah eating out at the puree stage is tough....but the great thing is the puree stage will be over soon! Keep telling yourself its only a couple of weeks and power through. You can do anything for a couple of weeks. It may seem like forever at the time, but it's a blink of an eye in the scheme of things.

Like others have said it depends on the restaurant offerings. Juice was never allowed on my plan, way too high in sugar. Soups--broth and cream of types with no chunks--would have been my choice at that stage. Or cottage cheese if the restaurant served it. Scrambled eggs if you can tolerate it. But at a pizza place those wouldn't be available. So I probably would have sipped a calorie free drink and then done a protein shake beforehand and maybe after.

Further down the line there are TONS of options at restaurants! I eat out a LOT, we have family business that keeps me on the road many days and it's a big social outlet for me as well. I eat off the apps menu (cheaper and smaller portions) and focus on protein there, or I share a meal or eat off others' plates. My kids and husband and sister are trained well and share readily!

diane S.
on 7/23/17 9:09 am

Well you can always order a glass of skim milk or cottage cheese or bring a protein drink. Good for you for trying to get out more. Later on you can get scrambled eggs. Pizza smells good but if you ate some even months from now you would regret it. So just enjoy company and learn to socialize without food focus. Its a life long lesson. GL diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Gwen M.
on 7/23/17 9:53 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Always take a bottle of water and keeping sipping.

I didn't eat out until I was finished my puree stage, which was fine for me. It was only a month total.

Eating out after that was no problem. There is always a sleeve friendly option for me. I always look at menus online before going out so that I know what I'll order ahead of time and what modifications I might need to ask for. Lots of restaurants these days tend to offer good meat-based appetizers, so that's been helpful :) And, if I have to order an entree, I just know that I'll have 2-3 meals worth of food going home with me.

I've never eaten out a lot though. I like to cook and I don't like to spend the money at restaurants for stuff that won't be as tasty or as healthy as what I make at home.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 7/23/17 9:55 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've also found that while I still get together with friends often, all of our gatherings no longer revolve around food the way they used to, and that's been a really nice shift.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 12:46 pm

Me and my friend have been thinking of other activities, so i think it will be fun :)

Knitter215
on 7/23/17 10:05 am
VSG on 08/23/16

At puree stage I ordered a soft fish like tilapia - baked - or something like tuna or chicken salad and picked at it. At six weeks out, I had to bury my mother - big Italian funeral. I had been cleared at that point to eat everything, but I just pushed food around on my plate and ate bites here and there. Nobody noticed. You'll find a balance. Yesterday, we were running around doing errands. Had been to the gym in the am after a breakfast of a protein shake. By 1:30 I was starving - we stopped in the food court at the grocery store. I got a small cup of soup and was more than full until dinner. Sometimes, just going back to basics is enough.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 12:45 pm

sorry for your loss knitter

my puree stage everything has to be blended. i have soft food in a week lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 12:44 pm

Good ideas everyone thanks for sharing your stories.

And yes juice is allowed on my plan here in the uk, as long as i mix with water which i did , and do not have often :) I had 2 that day mixed with half water.

I am stickin to the plan 100% :)

My apointments with surgeon and dietician are 6 weeks. 3 months 6 months and i think you have one when you need it but up untill 2 years ( as i paid private and after care is two yrs.

Gwen M.
on 7/23/17 1:22 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

This makes no sense. You said your plan doesn't want you using protein shakes because they are liquid calories. But juice is liquid calories and just pure carbs. At least protein shakes are protein..

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/17 10:26 pm

I did not write the plan sorry, what do you want me to do? they wanted me to have marvel for added protien which is not like protien shakes. I make perfect sense thanks. I did not write my plan but i had half an egg all day so i felt fine about the juice.

If you just google uk sleeve plans they are pretty much all the same. I had 2 small juices with water. I feel fine about it.

Most Active
Recent Topics