Multivitamin help!

Mirandia
on 7/23/17 6:25 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

Good information comes from doctors not random people on the internet who seem to think they know it all when its obvious they do not.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

peachpie
on 7/23/17 7:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

You do realize some doctors suck at thier craft, right??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Mirandia
on 7/23/17 9:29 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

Look around, I am not the only one being told that calcium carbonate is fine for a VSG ... some of us don't take any calcium at all. A VSG is NOT a RNY, we do NOT have the same level of malabsorption and we do not have the same supplement needs. I'm also not the only one being told that Flintstones complete with iron is fine to take. You think because my surgery was recent you can just jump on me? Research changes what doctors recommend ALL. THE. TIME.

I'm not telling anyone what to do ... give me the same courtesy. Someone asked what I take and I answered. I wasn't asking for your advise on it. I have professionals for that. I certainly don't need advise from someone that hasn't even had the same surgery that I have.

peachpie
on 7/24/17 2:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

1) I didn't advise you to do, or not do anything.

2) I did not 'jump on you'.

3) (referring to another comment you made) my intestines are not "damaged". I didn't have my cousin's brother's best friend's uncle do some hack job out his garage. I went to one of them there surgeons you fancy so much. My intestines work as they should in light of the procedure I chose to have.

Mirandia
on 7/24/17 6:18 am
VSG on 03/14/17

Yes, your intestines ARE damaged if you have RNY surgery, and my stomach is damaged because I have had VSG. We were cut open and stitched back together. We needed to heal and have scar tissue. Just because we were damaged in a way that is intended to give us a beneficial outcome does not negate the fact that the damage occurred.

And yeah, you and the others HAVE jumped on me. I do not need or want your opinions when I have a team of doctors to guide me. A team that knows my history, a team that knows my meal routines, a team that knows a hell of allot more than anyone here is going to get from my writing a few sentences. So yeah I'm going to listen to them. All the childish insults from internet bullies who can't handle the fact that they are NOT doctors who should NOT be implying in anyway that others shouldn't follow the guidance of medical professionals isn't going to change my mind.

I answered a question of what I currently take, and a few people haven't even bothered to read the whole thing or fail to comprehend that what I take has CHANGED. Yeah, I'm currently taking the chewables because that was what I was told to take at the early stages of my healing/adjustment phase. Once this bottle is gone I switch to a more standard multi. I thought I was fairly clear on that. I also said I'd be switching my calcium too, once my current supply is gone. It seems some people thought my statement on what I take was an open invitation to criticize. It wasn't.

I understand different doctors have their patients do different things. so I'm not standing over her telling anyone that what they are doing is wrong, or stupid or anything. I say to them to follow their plan and listen to their doctors. Apparently I don't get the same courtesy.

peachpie
on 7/24/17 7:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Damaged- so is that is your medical terminology?-- oh wait- you're not a doctor either. You may still be healing being all 4 months post op- but I'm pretty sure I'm healed.

Im gonna go off and play with the other bullies now- I've had my fill of your wisdom. All the best.

Mirandia
on 7/24/17 9:08 am
VSG on 03/14/17

damage:

noun

1. physical harm caused to something in such a way as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function.
verb 1. inflict physical harm on (something) so as to impair its value, usefulness, or normal function. Do your intestines function normally? NO. Does my stomach function normally? NO. Sorry, I used a word that you aren't comfortable with, but it is the correct word. Your intestines will NEVER be restored to what it was before on its own. That DAMAGE is permanent unless you have another surgery to reverse it.

NYMom222
on 7/23/17 10:08 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you did your research on the Internet so well you would know that the ASMBS American society of metabolic and bariatric surgeons sets the standards for vitamins for all surgeries DS, VSG, or RNY....So the people on this forum ....on the Internet are not getting their information from nowhere.

You're doctor on the other hand, obviously thinks he knows more than researched standards.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/28/17 10:06 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On July 24, 2017 at 1:25 AM Pacific Time, Mirandia wrote:

Good information comes from doctors not random people on the internet who seem to think they know it all when its obvious they do not.

And yet, most of these "random people" are citing the medical experts at the ASMBS, rather than pulling random opinions out of their backsides.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Queen JB
on 7/30/17 5:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You are a random person on the internet who thinks you know it all when it is obvious you do not.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics