Started feeling dizzy, is this normal?

Grim_Traveller
on 7/20/17 8:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Google orthostatic hypotension.

You need to call your doc, then double your daily water intake. Starting today. I know it's not easy. Find a way.

You probably need to reduce or eliminate your BP meds. Make sure you mention that to your doc.

This soon out, there is about a zero percent chance this is vitamin related.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 8:14 am

Fred I actually thought I was doing good with my drinking lol. Ha so this is disappointing. I'm constantly drinking. But this thirst is unremovable the last 3 days lol.

I'm on my third 500ml bottle. Oh wait.. I think I said that a few hours ago and I'm still on it :( maybe not so good. and what a victory from high blood pressure to low that is amazing !!

I'll keep drinking ! I can't afford to go and need IVs I hate hospitals lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 8:23 am

DOUBLE .. DOUBLE MY WATER ?? I think I'm hallucinating too lol. I'm going to drown lol what's the minimum amount do u think other than double ? I can Start there ? I will try thank you for your advice shall I aim for the 64 ounces ? I'll do my calculations and see how many 500 ml bottles that is. I think 70ounces is 2 litres

And phew glad it's not vitamins and I will Google what you mentioned. I would be so over the moon if I can reduce it. As she said " I never start with these tablets or this dose with someone ur age but its that high I couldn't treat you and had to call am ambulance when I did your blood pressure. If we don't start here you won't be having your surgery next week. Thank goodness it worked my blood pressure was perfect for surgery. I've lost my cuff so I'll find it today.

Thanks for responding

Fredbear
on 7/20/17 8:50 am
VSG on 11/29/16

I do at least 2,800 ml of liquids before noon each day. And there's the afternoon and evening...

I also live in the desert, so I don't expect everyone to have the same fluid requirements as I do.

But if you wait to feel thirsty, it's too late, you're already dehydrated. You should always have a bottle on hand, and you should be drinking at least a bottle an hour.

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 9:36 am

Wow !! How far out are you ?

I'm actually thirsty as soon as I swallow the liquid. I didn't feel thirst till last few days so maybe things are abit whack in my body !

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 9:48 am

My left side is killing me now. This is so frustrating. I just feel I want to go to sleep and start again tommorow.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 10:33 am

I have taken a 70 ounce big botle water to my bedroom and fillied my smaller bottle

Gwen M.
on 7/20/17 10:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You definitely need to talk to your medical professional about the BP medication. Most people here who take them stop after WLS for this reason.

I'm also concerned because it seems like you're not really getting clear guidelines at all from your medical team. So many of the questions you've asked here are things that should have been covered in an information session or an information packet. :/

64 ounces of fluid is a minimum. Set an alarm to remind you to drink every 15 minutes. You MUST do this. Every day. More is better, but 64 ounces is imperative.

You should be getting 60-80 grams of protein a day. If you can't do this through food, use a high quality supplement. Yes, you should avoid liquid calories, but a good protein powder mixed with a low calorie liquid (like unsweetened almond milk) is OK. And it counts toward your liquid goal.

You seem to be confused about food right now so I highly recommend that you use something like MyFitnessPal to track what you're eating. Weigh everything and log everything. You need to know what you're consuming.

Your surgeon's plan should also have information about your "forever diet." I.e., the way you'll eat once you're recovered from surgery. This should have guidelines about amounts of food and number of meals. It might have things you'll want to ignore, like carbs, but it should give you a decent idea of what to expect.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

CC C.
on 7/20/17 11:54 am

I'm still on mine 5+ months out, but it's a low dose and my blood pressure is normal. Funny how different we all can be!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 11:34 am

I have the informaition pack.

it has :

what is Gastric sleeve ?

And the food plan is nothing like yours/americans hence why i do not want to follow it.

Like it focuses mainly on carbs, it even has ice cream in my puree stage , so.. it works well for many people here but now ive seen what everyone else is eating on here, im not so keen on all the custards and puddings etc.

so i have the food plan for each stage but its not appealing to me.

my memory is also not the best so that might account for some of my questions.

I am constantly emailing my surgeon nurse and dietician at the private hosp and i feel they are getting tired of me lol , also they are no so focused on protien etc yet .

Thanks for the clear instructions above will try to follow thanks :)

Most Active
Recent Topics