Started feeling dizzy, is this normal?

Valerie G.
on 7/20/17 9:19 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Many have to adjust BP meds post op because their BP lowers naturally, and adding medication is making it too low.

64oz is your "MINIMUM GOAL". It's not something you work up to like protein. Your body needs this hydration every day. If you're just now getting to 52oz, then you need to drink more.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 10:29 am

i will contact my drs tommorow i know it takes like 3 weeks to get in with my dr lol

and yes yesturday was the first time i reached 52 lol i usually start well in the morning but just give up , i will work on it thank you :)

Mirandia
on 7/21/17 7:07 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

If you have to wait that long to see a doctor perhaps you should visit a drugstore that has a blood pressure machine. I'll agree with everyone else ... this has zero to do with vitamins because our bodies store those for long term use.

While I also think you aren't getting enough protein .. that's not going to make you dizzy. Weak, tired and hungry ... but not dizzy.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 6:26 am, edited 7/20/17 1:08 am

I cant suck eyes. Dammit that meant to say suc****icals sorry because i cant figure out how to work out how much im having , so i just fill the same bottle up, i dont do ice pops or ice chips anymore because i was not able to calculate acurately what i was having so i just keep filling this.

its 500ml bottles

Gwen M.
on 7/20/17 10:50 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Popsicles should have labels to tell you what their nutritional info is.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 6:26 am

I dont feel its a high blood preasure issue as when that spikes my vision goes blury, and i get such a bad headache.

Mirandia
on 7/21/17 7:09 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

Your blood pressure might be dropping too low ... not spiking.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

MissNexxie
on 7/20/17 6:46 am
VSG on 04/30/14

It could be your blood pressure meds. I was on hypertension meds and they started to give me issues post-op because my BP had come down so much, almost like an overload of meds was taking my BP down too much. Something to check with your doctor on - may need a med reduction. For me it was one of my great victories - getting off those BP meds! Do you have a BP cuff at home? can you measure your BP when the dizziness occurs?

Also, if you find you're getting dizzy when getting up from the bed or a chair try rotating your ankles and moving your legs a bit before rising. Get that blood moving a bit and it will help.

And, the other thing is that your body is still trying to get accustomed to so many fewer calories there can be a reaction in the first month. There will be a lot of adjustments for sure. If anything is really scaring you or you do faint please do see your doctor.

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Fredbear
on 7/20/17 7:46 am
VSG on 11/29/16

Within two months of surgery I had some profound dizzy spells, and it was basically caused by low blood pressure. They took me off my BP pill (last medication!) and all was fine afterwards.

For you, it's probably dehydration. Your only job is to get your fluids in, and you're not doing it. Snap to it, or you're going to end up in the hospital hooked up to an IV!

"Friends are like flowers; no matter how well you pick them, they all eventually die."

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/17 8:11 am

Thank u. I didn't even think of blood pressure. It was so high a week before my surgery I had to have a brain scan as they thought the spike could have caused damage. So they started me on a super high dose. As to nnot risk my health and have my surgery canceled.

I tried to ring today but they are closed for staff training (4.10pm) here. Its an odd feeling. I'll try what you have suggestioned all thank u. I am at the swimming pool as my kids had class I can't even risk having a convo with someone as I won't make sense lol

Most Active
Recent Topics