Please help me!!

alouisa63
on 7/16/17 7:27 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

What I wouldn't have given to have had diarrhea.... How I envy you! Instead I was so constipated I ended up with bleeding hemorrhoids. Consider yourself fortunate Lol!

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

AggieMae
on 7/16/17 8:00 pm
VSG on 10/25/16
On July 17, 2017 at 2:27 AM Pacific Time, alouisa63 wrote:

What I wouldn't have given to have had diarrhea.... How I envy you! Instead I was so constipated I ended up with bleeding hemorrhoids. Consider yourself fortunate Lol!

Yep, I would have done a happy dance if I had a bout of diarrhea those first few weeks!

White Dove
on 7/17/17 7:02 am - Warren, OH

Get a fitness tracker that syncs with MyFitnessPal. Get a smart scale that syncs with MyFitnessPal. Have MyFitnessPal on all of your devices.

Put your current measurements and goals into MyFitnessPal. When you weigh in every morning and your scale has synced you will get a message telling you how much you lost that day.

Become obsessive about tracking your food, drink and exercise. Take measurements at least once a month on the same day. Keep your goals uppermost in your mind. Each time you eat or drink, consider the results on your next morning weigh in.

I use Garmin Vivofit and Garmin Index Scale. There are others that work as well or better. The first weeks are rough, but you have to keep the long-term results in mind. Celebrate the daily victories and consider this a work in progress.

It does not get easier, but the rewards are worth it. This is the best possible time to start changing your life for the better.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 10:19 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I am technologically challenge :( ....

but i will ask for help!!

thank you so much!! Your stats are similar to mine, it gives me hope, my doctor told me he thinks my goal should be 160... but that is so high... i hope I can get to 145!!!

this surgery is a revision, so fingers crossed my body wants to work with me!!!

White Dove
on 7/17/17 11:59 am - Warren, OH

My surgery is almost ten years old and still works great as long as I eat properly

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lisag58
on 7/17/17 9:42 am
VSG on 12/15/16

Your story sounds very familiar. I thought I had read up and researched adequately, but I am also one of those people who needs to experience something firsthand in order to really get it. And getting what this surgery means did not hit until the day before. I was relatively freaked out, and it was very hard to adjust at first. Most of my problems were mental, and I was so lucky to have two friends who had gone through this. They were able to talk me down. But it is a gigantic thing to do, and it is in no way easy (I am ashamed to admit that I used to think people who had WLS were kind of cheating! I now know how foolish that assumption was).

You will persevere because that is all you can do, and it will get better and better every week. For me, not needing a seatbelt extension is huge. It also blows my mind to have dropped many clothing sizes, and I can cross my legs if I want to, and my hands and feet are becoming pleasing to look at (!) again. Plus no more CPAP, no diabetes meds, I can walk a long way, I swim and prance around in my swimming suit, and I went to Hawaii for a vacation and barely gave my normal self-consciousness a thought.

The quality of my life has grown so much as a result of the surgery I had before Christmas. It has been hard, and still is! But I wouldn't go back if I could.

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 10:06 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Thank you for your support!!!! Can you share with me how do you eat now. I am also freaking out with how little I will eat after the liquid phase. I think I did read all this information before but I'd like my brain did not process it all the way!!!!

I feel better today, less pain at least, but very very weak. My appt is Wed, I can't wait to get there and see how much I have lost. Even though not eating was not my goal to lose weight.

this is all very very weird!!!

lisag58
on 7/17/17 10:18 am
VSG on 12/15/16

It is weird!

I worked through the liquid phase for a few weeks after surgery as per surgeon's orders. Different doctors have different guidelines for this. A friend of mine was on liquids and then semi-liquids for six weeks! But she also had Roux-en-Y, not VSG, and it was many years ago.

How I eat now at seven months out is an Unjury protein shake with 1 T. flax seeds, 1 T. PBFit, 1 T. Scharfenberger cocoa, 1 and 1/2 c. Cashew Silk Unsweetened. And ice. So good! I have not gotten tired of this yet. I also drink coffee lightened with Califia Toasted Coconut almond milk. Lunch and dinner will have 3 oz. lean protein of some sort and some kind of vegetable, whether roasted or salad-y just depends. I also have fruit now for snacking.

My weight loss has been extremely erratic which also drove me bonkers until I lost a significant amount of weight and was urged by comrades to chill out. I have run into trouble with nuts and nut butters which I find extremely easy to overdo because they are so darn delicious but not necessarily filling (for me). I have always been a peanut butter hound and this has not changed.

In fact surgery on your guts does not mean changes will happen in your brain. That requires the same old practice and work that we were told about before surgery. It's a sad fact. Sometimes I think the only way I'll find true release from my food obsesh is through lobotomy, but I'm not willing to go down that road yet. I need to come up with a hybrid that combines OA and WWs and meditation and therapy and total self-acceptnace and everything else I've desperately tried to alleviate my food fixations. Things have gotten so much better now that I'm out of a poor marriage but it's still hard. Those habits of mind are entrenched, let me tell you! But it is improving and that makes me joyous most of the time.

Doriam R.
on 7/17/17 10:31 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

That amount of food sounds doable!!!

i am glad you feel better everyday!! I agree I need all the programs help and therapy to help my sick brain, I just use food, I am totally a food addict, one person here told me I need to eat simple .... well, that will not be easy, I usually cook some concoctions that taste good but are complicated!!!! I need to depart from thinking about food and focusing on have a more filled life!!!

i guess it will be one day at a time!! Like FA says, and for right now, one cup of liquid at a time!!!

thank you for sharing!!! You are doing great,let's keep in touch!!!

Agran
on 7/17/17 10:00 am

Hi

i had the sleeve on July 4th and felt exactly the same way - weak, light headed. I normally hate protein powders as well.

Please check with your family doctor or surgeon to have your blood pressure checked. Mine has become very low after surgery. They took me off my blood pressure mess and am stArting to feel better. I also started to take my vitamins. Both have helped significantly. Everyone is different so please check with your doctor.

As for thd the protein powder I started to mix it with juice, water and lots of ice and that has made it go down much easier. I started with 1/4 cup of juice, 3/4 cup of water and added ice. Then I have been reducing the juice as I have gotten used to it. It is much easier to get down now. Now I put in 2 scoops of protein in each glass And can drink it.

I know how horrible you are feeling. Hang in there, it will pass.

Most Active
Recent Topics