Unflavored Unjury protein mix ideas - HELP!

A.better.me
on 7/13/17 5:09 pm, edited 7/13/17 5:36 pm
VSG on 07/05/17

I had surgery on July 5. I'm still on liquids until the 20th. I'm SICK of chocolate protein shakes. I've got unflavored but I've heard I need something strong to mask the taste of it.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

ShirlAus
on 7/13/17 5:55 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Hi

And welcome to the losers bench :)

I only had the neutral protein powder as Im not a big sweet tooth

I found that during the liquids stage if I blended some high protein yoghurt and 1/2 banana so there were no lumps. It was nicely flavoured. Dont know if you can get Chobani Yoghurt over there (Im in Australia) but its the highest protein one. So I used it. Helped with getting my protein count up to the required levels in the early days after my sleeve

Else you could try it with just milk and see what you think.

Good luck

Shirley :)

Oneillch
on 7/13/17 6:58 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Since it's unflavored you can mix it into anything. I used Syntrax Unflavored Protein and would mix it with my chicken broth, herbal teas, or in a shake that I would make using unsweetened almond or cashew milk, nonfat greek yogurt & flavored it with a sugar free syrup (like Torani or Skinny Girl) or a tablespoon of jello sugar free pudding mix.

Haave fun experimenting!

Cathy H.
on 7/13/17 7:21 pm, edited 7/13/17 12:21 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

I made my own shakes using unflavored protein powder. Head to the grocery store and get some liquid flavorings and cocoa powder and PB2 dry peanut butter. Here are some of the combinations I made using unflavored protein powder and skim milk (almond milk also works):

Almond Joy = coconut + almond + cocoa

Mounds = same as above without the almond

Pina Colada = pineapple + coconut

Tropical Delight = banana + pineapple + coconut

Chocolate Mint = cocoa + peppermint

Banana Creme: banana + a touch of vanilla

Lemon Meringue = lemon + a touch of vanilla

Reese's = cocoa powder + PB2 (mix in a little water first)

Elvis Presley = PB2 + banana (get it, his fried PB and banana sandwiches? lol)

Depending on what flavorings you can get, the sky is the limit!

Of course as others have said, if you get tired of sweet you can also mix it with broth, I did that a lot!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

AggieMae
on 7/13/17 9:05 pm, edited 7/13/17 2:05 pm
VSG on 10/25/16

The Unjury unflavored doesn't have much taste at all.

I don't like Sweet drinks. I mixed a few scoops with some water and added the equivalent of 10 grams of protein to just about everything. Yogurt, cottage cheese, almond milk, soup (not too hot, it clumps up).

A scoop in 8 oz of milk tastes exactly the same.

Most Active
Recent Topics