Is this DUMPING?

A.better.me
on 7/13/17 10:53 am
VSG on 07/05/17

* liquids in - liquids out. Sorry didn't see the spelling error.

Valerie G.
on 7/19/17 11:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My money is on the milk. Have you had much milk yet?

For many of us, other dairy is just fine, but there's something about milk...

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

theAntiChick
on 7/19/17 12:19 pm - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

I have something similar happen if I eat too fast/too much/wrong stuff... I get the sweats and a cramping pain centered in my stomach area and radiating through most of my abdomen, along with the most horrific nausea. Lasts about 20 minutes, and then I'm fine. I call it "mini-dumping" because I don't think it's true dumping, but it's got a lot of the same symptoms.

And Miss Priss was terribly sensitive early on, even just a little bit of ketchup would cause the "mini-dumping", and I don't do low carb so I wouldn't have expected an issue with a little bit mixed with protein. But she was NOT a happy camper, and I'm not a slow learner... something that tripped Miss Priss we didn't mess with again for a long while.

There were lots of little things like that, so I took my surgeon's recommendation to heart - as I progressed through the food stages, I added ONE food at a time every couple of days, in very small amounts to start, and made sure it was OK before adding the next one. Eggs were a huge issue for several months even though I could technically have them in week 2. Doc said lots of her patients had to hold off on eggs until after they were tolerating chicken, for some reason.

Everyone's different, just go slow and listen to your sleeve. :)

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

Most Active
Recent Topics