What did you eat for puree stage?

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/17 12:36 pm

Just curious as I am not there yet few more days but all I am dreaming of is

Pureed chicken salad, pureed tuna salad, pureed egg salad.

But I am sure I will get bored of that lol

So what did you have ?

Agran
on 7/12/17 1:04 pm

I have been eating puréed chicken in chicken broth, with a bit of paper and basil. As well as purred banana with protein powder, ice and milk.

Not it the best but it is enough st the moment. When was your surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/17 1:14 pm

4th July :) when was yours

That sounds like if i add vanilla essence it would be ice cream that banana and ice and protien powder :)

Agran
on 7/12/17 3:21 pm

Same date! ? I don't like the taste of vanilla but if you do that would work. I am having a hard time drinking milk at the moment so that's why there isn't much. Even my husband didn't think that was awful. Lol. How are you feeling otherwise?

ShirlAus
on 7/12/17 2:25 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

I had surgery 6/26 and am on my first week of puree - seeing my surgeon today for first checkup

I have been making ricotta bake and adding some finely chopped chicken - high protein and yum

Tuna in white sauce with cheese

Boiled egg with low fat mayonaise

Pumpkin soup with neutral protein powder through it

If I have a shake for breakfast - I add chobani yoghurt, neutral protein powder and milk so I keep my meals high in protein.

I tried pureed cannelini beans with light sour cream and pesto last night - added chopped chicken - It was ok but a bit gluggy for me. I couldnt get in much

Also made Meat Sauce - mince with tomato etc - but I found that didnt agree with me as much - was hard to get down. Its on my dieticians list but I guess everyone is different

Main thing is to remember to chew chew chew and not to drink either 45 mins before or after

Good luck :)

Shirley

Agran
on 7/12/17 3:23 pm

Thanks Shirley. Everyone says you will feel full as soon as you start to eat more puréed food. Did that happen to you?

ShirlAus
on 7/12/17 3:32 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Oh gosh yes. I measure out the 1/4 cup and often cant fini**** - Sometimes I put it away and wait a couple of hours and try again - or just give it to our chickens ( or hubby will just fini**** off - dangerous for him as he will gain the weight Im loosing!)

Im finding that I can tolerate more as I heal. Including getting my fluids up to what the expected is. Over here in Australia its 2 litres a day - which is 67 ounces in the States. Yesterday was the first day I nearly got there but its like the liquid stage you need to focus on sipping all the time with the exception of meal times

Mentally I felt better when I came off the liquid phase and could finally chew something. Felt more normal to me but thats a lot to do with mindset and habit.

:)

Shirley

ShirlAus
on 7/12/17 3:39 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Oh gosh yes. I measure out the 1/4 cup and often cant fini**** - Sometimes I put it away and wait a couple of hours and try again - or just give it to our chickens ( or hubby will just fini**** off - dangerous for him as he will gain the weight Im loosing!)

Im finding that I can tolerate more as I heal. Including getting my fluids up to what the expected is. Over here in Australia its 2 litres a day - which is 67 ounces in the States. Yesterday was the first day I nearly got there but its like the liquid stage you need to focus on sipping all the time with the exception of meal times

Mentally I felt better when I came off the liquid phase and could finally chew something. Felt more normal to me but thats a lot to do with mindset and habit.

:)

Shirley

Agran
on 7/12/17 3:51 pm

So great to hear. I was worried it wouldn't be the case, but everyone pribably goes through that. Thanks for the wisdom. I am in sunny Canada ??

nice to connect with our Aussie cousins. ?

ShirlAus
on 7/12/17 3:55 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Oh Lovely :) We are in the middle of winter and Im feeling the cold so much after surgery

Cant wait for summer - will be smaller and should be able to enjoy the heat more

Most Active
Recent Topics